I am afraid I won't see this car again...

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

Re: I am afraid I won't see this car again...

Post by oldschoolmidget »

You guys don't know Cryo-tek. The car is safe with him. He is a stand up guy. He does awesome work, will help anybody and never ask for money. At this point Cryo-tek should send the car back to Mike finished or not.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

agreed! Thats all I really want. I have some molds he purchased almost 2 years ago now. I still have them here. I would really like the car back so I can send these and get them out of my office!!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

If you or anyone have any communication with him can you please ask him to send. I have been sending emails, PM's and tried calling 4 times with no luck.
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

Try shipping him his goods. That might get the ball rolling. I think he just really wants to finish it for you. His mother has been very sick. I know lots of guys that have taken cars to get painted within 3-4 month and they end up having the car for years. And those shops are getting paid!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I can't ship him those molds until I reveive the car. I would be an idiot to do so at this point.

Scam body shops is not exactly a good excuse and who ever said I was not paying?!?
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

I don't think you would be! Never heard of Cryo-tek taking money from anyone. He is a stand up guy!! Mike you have his address, Go get it! It's only a drive away!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I don't have his newer address, however I tried that. I went on a trip up there two years ago and offered to drop off the mold and pick up my car. I begged him for weeks with no reply. A stand up guy would return ones property when asked. It's been 3 years. Even a guy like me that runs a large business with 4 locations can find time to ship stuff within one week. Takes one hour. Also for the record, I have been contacted by a few others that are in the same boat. It's not only me.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

This guy is not just a few minutes away from me either. We are talking 9+ hours one way based on the little I know where he is.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Go get your friggin car!!!! Im not sure how they do things in Cali but here in Miami a dude would have his car back already. Im a landlord. I don't get paid unless I chase the money. I like to get paid so I chase. Its your car so go get it.....Period. somebody might have a limp afterwards...
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

WOW!! unbelievable!!! Sorry to hear that??
jimmykl

Post by jimmykl »

Hi mike just curious if you've had any luck with this yet cheers .
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

No, I did get an email about two weeks ago that it will be boxed up and shipped. However, no car or other communication. Even a member here has tried to help with no luck. It was suggested I send free parts or something of the sort to motivate shipping it. But I am already out 4k plus. Not willing to risk even more...
jimmykl

Post by jimmykl »

Mate it sucks for you to have to go through this whole ordeal i feel for ya bud and i no a lot of people have said he is a stand up guy etc and im sure he is but there is such a thing as taking the piss , and after three odd years he should really be fronting up and taking some ownership for this situation . Yes life can get in the way and things happen but it is still no excuse to leave you in the dark for so long he is not only giving himself a bad name but all so i feel giving the hobby a bad name to and this is purely my own opinion and im not trying to start anything by it , lets just hope that he realy is finally going to send it back cheers and i have both my fingers and toes crossed it will all be sorted soon .
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Still no car or communication... :(
jimmykl

Post by jimmykl »

That really sucks mike surely there is someone on here that knows him personally and could do something about it , other wise what options are you left with mike sending a repo agent maybe??