I am afraid I won't see this car again...

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

I am afraid I won't see this car again...

Post by Mike Casey »

Nearly 2 years ago I let Cryo-tek (David Fyfe) take this car do some work for me on it. I have been asking for it back for about a year. I am told it will be shipped that week... WHEN I can get a hold of him. Now he is not responding to PM's or emails. Please if you see this car on the market, let me know asap. A reward is available to. This car is extremely important to me and I desperately want it back.

The car was custom built by an indy car team. It has a quick change rear end and a set of polished LRU wheels. The front and rear suspension is cantilever.

thanks....
Attachments
DSCF0350.jpg
DSCF0351.jpg
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Re: I am afraid I won't see this car again...

Post by jayhurrikane »

I dont believe that! Cryo is a stand up guy! And im on the east coast!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I know, i am crazy disappointed and shocked. I have put this off for a very long time just because of that. I did receive an email today from him stating he will box it up today and ship. Time will tell and I will report. Thx.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Mike what kind of work had to be done? I almost sent him the belly pan of my Indy roadster. I think you will need to pay a visit with a marshall but make sure you can come up with some kind of proof that you own it. I know some members on this site that have used the word "goons" to collect for them. All I could say is I hope you get it back, I always loved this Lola.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

he was just going to detail it up. Make a fuel cap (which he did do and sent pics) and other little things like bushings on the suspension and such. I really envied his work and wanted him to work some of his magic on this one. To be fair, he did buy that PBS spec racer mold and tooling from me. I was holding it until I got the indy car back. But the value of this car far exceeds the value of that tooling. I know that life gets in the way sometimes.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

I'm also very surprised, like Jay said, a stand up guy and this is the impression I've gotten over the years. I think you'll get it back.
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

There has to be an explanation cryo is not like that! He has helped numerous people including me!!!I will never believe he tried or even attempted to keep that car! Hell he can build his own!!!
iiisoccer84
1/4 scale guru

Post by iiisoccer84 »

I talk to him on the phone all the time. He told me he was working on it just this past weekend. You are crazy to think he would just take it. Jay you are dead on!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I really hope you guys are right and I still believe it deep down. But really its been a VERY long time. IIIsoccer84, in the email he sent me today, he said he just returned last night from an out of state trip.

He took the car late 2012 to do the work. I spent 2014 asking for the car back. Its really weird, I agree. I almost wondered if it was damaged and he was worried what I would think or something like that. But communication over the years has been pretty weak. I know he had some issues and I understand that. I even offered to pick it up since we were driving by there on vacation, but no response.

Here is a picture I received early 2013, the last time I saw it.
Attachments
Mike%202.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

David called tonight thanks to a mutual friend. Sounds like he has had an overwhelming year. He is packing the car up and sending it home. I am very eager to see her again.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Mike If you don't mind I ask, Anything new? Also Mike, if you need more parts for this Indy, theres a sap... er a guy down under who'll take no cash, just a photo of the part installed on the car! What a bargain!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Nope, no car yet. Hope it arrives soon. :(

I don't deal with that region anymore unless its Jose.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Alright, just wait and see.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Mike
I have done business with Cryo and he is a stand up guy. There maybe circumstances that you don't know about happening to him, i am sure he will make things right. I actually overpaid for something on eBay that he sold and he refunded my money quickly. Al
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

david did email me tonight and showed me a cool shot of the wing mount he was working on. :)