Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
daan Koster

yankee 930 rebuild vote: originality or new power

Post by daan Koster »

2 weeks ago i bought this yankee.
$_3-2.jpg
moteur2-bleue.jpg
moteur-bleue.jpg
i cleaned up the carburator,air filter got the sparkplug out en put a litle bit oil on the piston because it hasn't been started in like 12 year and don't want to damage the piston or cillinder while trying to start it.
it started pretty quick i let it run stationary for 10 miniute before playing carefull with the throtle.
when i just gave a litle throtle i heard a high noise (damaged crankshaft bearing sound).
just get the engine apart..cilinder/piston,big end bearing and crankshaft bearings are worn out..

now i have the next plan,
in place of put money in the old egine, i want to put a new type of 26 or 29cc egine one the car.

please give me your honest opinion about to keep and rebuild the Original engine or put a brand new one on it with a lot more power
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: yankee 930 rebuild vote: originality or new power

Post by Mike Casey »

I would not hesitate to put a newer motor in it. Especially if you plan to drive it.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
lanegc

Post by lanegc »

Brand new!!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Doesn't have to be brand spanking new, you could probably get a decent used one from ebay or one of our members in the WTB section. My advice to you is, keep the old piston they make great keychains polished up!