Painting WCM Sprint Car Driver

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Painting WCM Sprint Car Driver

Post by 63350vette »

I just bought a vintage NOS WCM Sprint Car with a driver and have a couple of questions.
I'm going to hand paint him but could someone tell me which paint to use?
I'm thinking those little bottles of testors paints that I used to paint my plastic models as a kid but I need to know for sure!
Also, if anyone has the painted driver, I would really appreciate it if you could e-mail me a picture to help me with the paint scheme...

Thanks!!!

Chris
CCLZ2001@HOTMAIL.COM
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: Painting WCM Sprint Car Driver

Post by Emilio »

It's not a wcm driver, but I use tamiya spray paint for plastic NOT the Polly-carbon but any other plastic spray paint will work. I prime first then spray the whole body from head to toe with the primary color, then add all the detail and features with tamiya brush on paint. This is what works for me.
Attachments
ir3.jpg
ir2.jpg
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Also want to point out my experience with different driver figures on the market. The pilot on the left is more for 1/5 scale but sell as 1/4 scale, where as the pilot on the right purchased on ebay and described as true 1/4 scale is more accurate when positioned in a 1/4 scale model. I highly recommend the pilot on the right for any 1/4 scale car, it makes the world of difference in detail and is very articulate.
Attachments
driver1 (2).jpg
driver2.jpg
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Emilio: Good practical tips!

Kaye
63350vette
1/4 scale guru