quick question tire size

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

quick question tire size

Post by bentley marshall »

hey all can any one tell me the tires size on the new era or qrs MT please ??

i see a few guys have used racing gocart wheels an wet tread tires but i think these liik a bit small

i have bought 2 rc4wd quickchange diffs and honda lawn mower drive shafts ,gx35 honda 4 stroke engine and a heap of rod ends,and have a body... wheels are next on my list to get .. then i can start building a chassis

thanks bentley from little old new zealand
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Re: quick question tire size

Post by Jay C »

Bentley The wheels youll need are 6 inch rims. They are from superkarts. The wheels youve probably been looking for are 5 inch rims and they do look smaller. I have a pair of 6 inch front wheels left over from when I raced superkarts so Ill grab some photos tonight If I remember and get them off to you. they are already bead locked both inside and outside as its a requirement when racing.

Bents heres the link to the company I used to buy my wheels from. very good quality and would take an absolute beating all season with being damaged. they have different widths to work in different applications. hope this helps you out buddy

http://www.edwardskartwheels.com.au/kar ... superkart/
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

and heres the tyres that would work on the 6 inch rims

http://www.dunlopkartsport.com.au/kt6slw1
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Post by bentley marshall »

thanks Jay but gocart tyres are to small .... have found the information i needed now its all good just need to find the tyres at a good price now