Als Got some news for you all

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Als Got some news for you all

Post by Jay C »

Come on AL Surely you've been home long enough to post photos and a report on your latest news?????????? Show everyone what has been going on.......................................
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Re: Als Got some news for you all

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Sorry Jay, thought yesterday was going to be off but i had to attend to a fiber related problem out on a ship.

Well through a conversation with Brad Thorne, i was looking for a Conley engine for my Delara Performer project. Brad had remembered that Jay Cutting (Jay C) had an engine available. For the sprint car, i wanted an 8 injector stack engine just like the sprint cars use. Jay sent a few pics, and the engine was exactly what i was looking for, i mean it HAD the sprint car look!! Well, Jay and i went back and forth working out a price that was good for both of us, and the price included shipping. Once we settled on a deal, Jay went off to find the best deal possible to ship. He looked at several options and made the choice, packaged the engine nice and secure and sent it off. I am TOTALLY AMAZED that i got the engine on only 5 days. From Australia to San Diego in 5 days, it takes longer that that to get packages back and forth to Florida!!.

So, with that said, my fears and concerns about shipping back and forth to Australia are now gone. I feel comfortable that with good communication and a little effort in looking at shipping options, this can be a great way to open the parts availability for both the U.S. and Australia. Please do be afraid to explore this option!
Attachments
IMG_1968.jpg
IMG_1967.jpg
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Al,
'Hallelujah'
'my fears and concerns about shipping back and forth to Australia are now gone'
Great work Jay!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

Al Im glad your happy with the engine. Im glad it was exactly as you expected It to be. I hope in the future that we can make a few other trades. Its nice to know that the engine will be the perfect fit for the project you've got on your build bench. Keep us updated with your progress. Should turn out to be a great looking project with the conley in the front