Again with 1/4 scale

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Again with 1/4 scale

Post by RcBurnout »

As I make these tires and dabble in the rim department. This 1/4 scale thing always beats me up. I'm a huge fan of the Moody 1/8 scale sprint car. I have never owned one but they seem to have a real look to them scale wise

As for 1/4 scale sprint cars ( WCM IN PARTICULAR , MY FAVORITE) they look scale but...... With the picture provided, the size of the tire is not 1/4 scale to real life... My new tires are around 6-1/2 inches tall. And I think they need to be bigger to fit the car...

The info in the pic states the tires on the rear can be as tall as 21 inches... That only equates to a 5-1/4 inch tire for the car.

I guess my next quest is to download some drawing of sprint cars with the dimensions and see how they compare to the cars I have.
Attachments
image.jpeg
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Re: Again with 1/4 scale

Post by RcBurnout »

Ha. I think I read it wrong. I'll be back. Lol
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Wow. 8.075
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Well.... I'm gonna make a 8 inch tire. And will see what we see.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Dominick, i would love a set if you decide to sell some. Al
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Hi Dominick,
I found the same thing when I made my RICK'S R/C Off Road Tires all those years ago. I thought all of the tires and wheels were too small. I think that it was because the original guys just considered a 25" wheelbase as the standard 1/4 scale wheelbase and based everything else off that measurement. As we all know, a 25" wheelbase is most often too short for any 1/4 scale version of a full size car.
I like your intention of going larger.
Good Luck, Rick (RICK'S R/C)
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Al. I got to get it right befor I even consider selling anything. It's a big tire. Will see
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

ricksrc wrote:Hi Dominick,
I found the same thing when I made my RICK'S R/C Off Road Tires all those years ago. I thought all of the tires and wheels were too small. I think that it was because the original guys just considered a 25" wheelbase as the standard 1/4 scale wheelbase and based everything else off that measurement. As we all know, a 25" wheelbase is most often too short for any 1/4 scale version of a full size car.

Thanks for the input Rick. Can't hurt to make a couple and see what they look like. I fear the worst will be the car will be to small and then I'll be off to the races to build my own sprint car. Have a great day
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

ricksrc wrote:Hi Dominick,

Thanks for the input Rick. Can't hurt to make a couple and see what they look like. I fear the worst will be the car will be to small and then I'll be off to the races to build my own sprint car. Have a great day

Always been a fan of your work Rick. Your at the top of the crown with tires and rims.
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Thanks Dominick, I appreciate that.
Best, Rick
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

RcBurnout wrote:As I make these tires and dabble in the rim department. This 1/4 scale thing always beats me up. I'm a huge fan of the Moody 1/8 scale sprint car. I have never owned one but they seem to have a real look to them scale wise

As for 1/4 scale sprint cars ( WCM IN PARTICULAR , MY FAVORITE) they look scale but...... With the picture provided, the size of the tire is not 1/4 scale to real life... My new tires are around 6-1/2 inches tall. And I think they need to be bigger to fit the car...

The info in the pic states the tires on the rear can be as tall as 21 inches... That only equates to a 5-1/4 inch tire for the car.

I guess my next quest is to download some drawing of sprint cars with the dimensions and see how they compare to the cars I have.
You clearly read that wrong. :lol: 21" is width and 105 is the circumference 33" tire high which = 8.25" tall. Todays tires are smaller. :(
Vcut670

Post by Vcut670 »

well if you want to start talkin tru 1/4 scale haha..
it just like dom said..
I am forming a body now true 1/4
length 47" width 18.5" height 12"
wheels have to be 170mm to fill wheel arch to look half decent..
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

anytimerc wrote:
RcBurnout wrote:As I make these tires and dabble in the rim department. This 1/4 scale thing always beats me up. I'm a huge fan of the Moody 1/8 scale sprint car. I have never owned one but they seem to have a real look to them scale wise

You clearly read that wrong. :lol: 21" is width and 105 is the circumference 33" tire high which = 8.25" tall. Todays tires are smaller. :(

Ummmmm. Ya gotz to read the whole post. You clearly didn't read my whole post. Lmao. You missed a couple of my posts in this thread. Thanx for the info. I came up with 8.075. LOOK ABOVE . thanx for the info and glad you got a laugh out of it...
Vcut670

Post by Vcut670 »

haha true Dom hoping maybe I can a pair of rears hehe
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Vcut670 wrote:haha true Dom hoping maybe I can a pair of rears hehe
When I get them right. And. I can make ANY SIZE needed