Just a thought

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Re: Just a thought

Post by RcBurnout »

lanegc wrote:It is a "collector" driven hobby, the lack of racing venues, shows and press dedicated to 1/4 scale is a big factor. You will make more $$$$ flipping burgers at McDonalds than you can building and selling 1/4 scale cars, even pan chassis cars. I agree with Dom, taking a vision in your mind and creating a working model from that vision is very rewarding, but not everybody has the skill or tools and equipment to do it. If no one is mass producing them there are no parts or cars on the market and what is out there will be very expensive

Agree . I'm victim of the collector part. To much effort to restore a original to use it. Although I could reck all my cars and still have enough parts to rebuild them 5 times over.... Hell. I don't even like dust on them let alone dirt. Lol. If you reck them getting parts is hell at best for the majority of folks out there... And for scratch built ones. OMG. MY 55 Chevy tires don't even touch the ground unless it's at a show. Lol..... The one part I hate about building is when it's done... Cause when it's done. Its done... But when im creating something my mind is in such a world wind it almost amazes me how things come together sometimes.. Pure joy.
One things for sure.... If some one built it before I can build it just as good. But what fun is copying. Lol

Imagination feeds creativity

And my creativity is never hungry
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

RCburnout I thought you were against having cars sit as shelf queens? Anyway, Yankee still makes and advertises their line of cars and parts and Europe still has massive tracks they race on which looks to be alive and well, same goes for Australia and the U.S. Also Paul makes wonderful 1/4 scales you can collect or race and then we have WCM, pro, and the up and coming ACE chassis to name a few. If you want to race there are options and events going on all the time, if you just want to collect vintage stuff it will cost you. It's all in a nut shell.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Emilio wrote:RCburnout I thought you were against having cars sit as shelf queens? Anyway, Yankee still makes and advertises their line of cars and parts and Europe still has massive tracks they race on which looks to be alive and well, same goes for Australia and the U.S. Also Paul makes wonderful 1/4 scales you can collect or race and then we have WCM, pro, and the up and coming ACE chassis to name a few. If you want to race there are options and events going on all the time, if you just want to collect vintage stuff it will cost you. It's all in a nut shell.

I got a couple of Yankees Not to impressed with them. Cookie cutter toys.... There ok... My opinion... Um. I'm glad Europe has massive tracks. But I think I still live in the USA. And could really care less about Europe ....WCM doesn't make the old style sprintcars both down tube and not DOWN TUBE....And that's about all that interest me in WCM. They are the most realistic looking sprintcar out there ( to me) with out all the skellenger add ons... Any thing new doesn't interest me. Just the old WCM sprint cars. Oh. And my AWESOME ONE OFFS.....LOL....So that being said ....NO!!!!!!!!. It won't cost me EMILIO. IM A BUILDER.... NOT A MODEL MAKER, or a parts put together guy seeking desperately for that last part he needs to play for his toy..... AND THATS All in this BIG NUT SHELL. That's the difference ... I can duplicate anything. But what fun is that. A need sometimes... I buy some parts because frankly there not worth my time to make.....the rest I make. .... As for the vintage stuff. I got enough. If I want it. I'll pay for it. But be prepared to pay for it yourself... When I'm bidding. I can do with it. Or with out it... But. I'll make you pay for it. Then .... If I needed it. I'll just make it... And..... I could really care less about racing... Although it most likely does help this small hobby.......... I don't think it weighs in as heavy as most think...in the 70s and 80s yes.... Now. No.... My opinion... I think the new theme is creating them your self..... That's what is keeping this hobby alive. Mixing old parts with new creations is pretty neat too.....

You always try to chime in with a side cheap shot...
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Same as you like to chime in with cheap shots, giving back your change.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Bump