Just curious

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Just curious

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, I read a post on another site that the Raco GN would not be legal to run in QSAC races, Also they said it wouldn't be competitive. I'm just curious as to why. Not that I'll race mine. Thanks.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Just curious

Post by Mike Casey »

Who knows... it used to not be illegal. I have no idea why they would make it illegal. But the racing crowd has certainly tried their hardest to kill this hobby, thats for sure.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Thanks Mike. That was one mans opinion. Maybe he was wrong. Who knows.
Sonny B

Post by Sonny B »

PTModIT wrote:Hi, I read a post on another site that the Raco GN would not be legal to run in QSAC races, Also they said it wouldn't be competitive. I'm just curious as to why. Not that I'll race mine. Thanks.
Not sure that is 100% correct. I don't see any reason why the chassis would be QSAC legal. If it's an older car that has not run in years things like the engine, tires, and body would likely need to be updated to be compliant.

If you were just starting out it might be a good car to make some laps in the novice class and get your feet wet. As with most things in racing 1/4 cars have progressed over the years so it likely would not be as competitive as the new stuff that is out there.

On a side note as far as race car progression we probably seem more chassis development in the last 2 years than we has seen in the last 10-15. Seems like all of the manufactures are making major updates to get their cars to handle better and go faster.