Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Collectable 1/4 Scale » Car Discussion

Post subject: New to 1/4 scale, advice is welcomed and needed
 Post Posted: December 12th, 2016, 11:45 am 

I am new to 1/4 scale but not to large scale. Ive had a 1/5 baja for many many years, so dealing with big stuff is the norm for me. I just picked up a yankee venturi, literally 2 days ago, and im so in love with it first off, holy cow. Ive always been a off road truck baja kinda guy, but this venturi is just amazing, and huge, even compared to the 5th scale. What im needing to know is, what are the first things i need to do that would be different when dealing with a baja. Such as what new tools will i need? How easy are new parts to get for these? I allready cant get parts locally for the 5th scale so i allready know i wont be able to for the 1/4 scale, which is fine, its part of it. So i just need a 'new to 1/4 scale for dummies" run down if possible. Also the big thing i really need to know, it didnt come with a radio/receiver, can i just run the same radio/receiver in this that i run in my 5th scale, futaba 4pls, or is there a specific few radio/receivers that 1/4 scale drivers prefer?

Post subject: Re: New to 1/4 scale, advice is welcomed and needed
 Post Posted: December 26th, 2016, 12:34 pm 
Legacy Member

Bustert2
Welcome to QSL. Many of the 1/5 scale parts, tools and the radios are the same and can be used in 1/4 scale. May of the 1/4 parts are available here on QSL, all you have to do is put what your looking to buy in the "Wanted to buy" section. You can also join discussion groups by starting a thread in the appropriate forum. Above all, have fun in 1/4 scale.

Post subject: Re: New to 1/4 scale, advice is welcomed and needed
 Post Posted: December 27th, 2016, 9:31 am 

Well thats good to know. And to know that most parts are sold on here is really convenient.

Board index » Collectable 1/4 Scale » Car Discussion