New to 1/4 scale, advice is welcomed and needed

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Bustert2

New to 1/4 scale, advice is welcomed and needed

Post by Bustert2 »

I am new to 1/4 scale but not to large scale. Ive had a 1/5 baja for many many years, so dealing with big stuff is the norm for me. I just picked up a yankee venturi, literally 2 days ago, and im so in love with it first off, holy cow. Ive always been a off road truck baja kinda guy, but this venturi is just amazing, and huge, even compared to the 5th scale. What im needing to know is, what are the first things i need to do that would be different when dealing with a baja. Such as what new tools will i need? How easy are new parts to get for these? I allready cant get parts locally for the 5th scale so i allready know i wont be able to for the 1/4 scale, which is fine, its part of it. So i just need a 'new to 1/4 scale for dummies" run down if possible. Also the big thing i really need to know, it didnt come with a radio/receiver, can i just run the same radio/receiver in this that i run in my 5th scale, futaba 4pls, or is there a specific few radio/receivers that 1/4 scale drivers prefer?
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Re: New to 1/4 scale, advice is welcomed and needed

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Bustert2
Welcome to QSL. Many of the 1/5 scale parts, tools and the radios are the same and can be used in 1/4 scale. May of the 1/4 parts are available here on QSL, all you have to do is put what your looking to buy in the "Wanted to buy" section. You can also join discussion groups by starting a thread in the appropriate forum. Above all, have fun in 1/4 scale.
Bustert2

Re: New to 1/4 scale, advice is welcomed and needed

Post by Bustert2 »

Well thats good to know. And to know that most parts are sold on here is really convenient.