Help on some problems

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
dynamutt

Help on some problems

Post by dynamutt »

Hello everyone, have been reading this site for some time. Have just bought my first 1/4 scale, it is a stadium truck from new era. The truck seems to be in good shape, but the universal from the clutch bell to the drive shaft has some sideways play in it. Is there an easy fix ? Also, two shocks seem to leak alittle, not from the o-ring on the cap but from where the shaft comes through the cap. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
dynamutt

Post by dynamutt »

Well, I guess no one knows anything about new era stuff. So I guess my search goes on.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

It sounds like the bearings might be bad? The leaky shock thing is just the nature of the beast with 1/4 scale. You can replace the seals and it will be better, but they will start leaking again. You could always mount them upside down?
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
dynamutt

Post by dynamutt »

Thanks for the reply, I pulled the rubber sleave back and it looks like a 3/8 universal socket joint like what you would see from some hand tools. don't know if this is how they are. The joint itself has the play in it. Are they supose to have any side play?.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

There should be no slop, are the worn looking? Really should not be an issue until it brakes. At that point you will need to make a industrial one work or if you are lucky find a skellenger one.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!