Hello Guys!

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
PRD Racing

Hello Guys!

Post by PRD Racing »

I thought I would say hello to everyone and I hope to get to know everyone here! New to 1/4 Scale, but have built gas vehicles before and look forward to this new area of the hobby.
Rob
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

great to see you here. Do you have any cars and what are they? Dont be shy. 8)
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
PRD Racing

Post by PRD Racing »

Hey xknacx, thanks for the welcome. I am new to this, but I do have 2001 WCM Grand National, a Sprint Car project car, a Sidewinder Grand National, a Custom Pulling Tractor and drawing up plans for a Drag Car, lol. That should keep me busy forever, lol. I haven't taken any photos of these except the tractor and it's on my website http://prdracing.tripod.com/ Click on the page that says "Gas Puller". I have a question too about my Sprint Car. I bought it used for a project and it is a cool piece, vintage I would say, but not sure. I have no idea what brand it is and maybe you might know or someone else may.
I will describe it:
It has a similar 2 stroke the the current ones used, but it lays down with the spark plug facing the front end and exhaust out the bottom.
There is a jackshaft and the clutch is on this jackshaft instead of the motor.
The drive setup is a cogged belt to the jackshaft and a "V" belt to the rear.
It has a chrome steel front solid axle and fiberglass body parts.
There are front and rear torsion bar suspension and the shocks have no springs.
That's all for now. Any help would be greatly appreciated determining the origin of this car.
I do have three photos of it from when I purchased it.
Enough of my crap, lol So what do you have for cars? I would really like to know and possibly see them too!
Thanks again!
Rob
Last edited by PRD Racing on November 23rd, 2005, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRD Racing

Post by PRD Racing »

I just wanted to say that the "Legendary Reproduction" (hope I have that right) site has got me really excited. I will be waiting for that to open up and thanks for your efforts on that and this site. Great designed sites.
Rob
PRD Racing

Post by PRD Racing »

Sorry, double post.
Rob
PRD Racing

Post by PRD Racing »

Wow! That's all I can say right now, lol. I mentioned in the previous post that I would love to see your collection and I found it in some detail here on the site. That is one awesome collection and I am humbled by your dedication.
Now, if you just lived nearby so I could come over and touch everything, I'd be all set, lol.
Rob
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

thanks for the comments! I am very excited about the new site also. I hope for it to be a real asset to this hobby. Sounds like your sprint might be a WCM I would send them a pic and see if they can confirm.
I am very blessed with my collection, but there are many people out there believe it or not that have a nicer collection. People from all around the world!!!!
PRD Racing

Post by PRD Racing »

Thanks and your very welcome for my comments. They are well deserved. I will do as you suggested and see if WCM recognizes my Sprint Car.
I being so new to this area of the hobby am not aware of the collections out there and yours in the first "real" collection I have seen. I do know there is a guy on ebay from Hawaii that is buying all the 1/4 scale cars (almost all) he can buy. The amount he spends each month is staggering.
Rob
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Yes, he is one of the collectors that has much more than I do. He is a really nice guy, so its good to see someone like that get nice cars, just makes it harder for the rest of us :)
PRD Racing

Post by PRD Racing »

Yes, he seems ok to me. He has purchased carbs from me on ebay and seemed to be a good guy. I certainly can relate to your "harder for the rest of us" comment. I gave up trying to buy anything 1/4 scale on ebay, lol.
Rob