New Hobby part 2 !!! LOL.

General hang out to post about our lives!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

New Hobby part 2 !!! LOL.

Post by Mike Casey »

Well, over here at QSL we have been making room for a very special family project. It finally arrived this morning and we had a welcoming party at the house. Even with the poor weather we had a great turnout!!!!
Attachments
IMG_6174.jpg
cobparty00001.jpg
cobparty00002.jpg
cobparty00003.jpg
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
iggmon72
1/4 scale guru

Re: New Hobby part 2 !!! LOL.

Post by iggmon72 »

WoW, what a welcome team... Just seeing all those COBRAS makes me want to get one!!!!

Congratulations Mike!!!!

I'm going to have to come over and check it out.... :o
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

what was cool was one of the guys that came went into the garage and said it looked familiar. Then he was like... Ohhhh, arent you the one that does the videos on youtube for these cars? We laughed, apparently he had seen alyssas videos on there!
iggmon72
1/4 scale guru

Post by iggmon72 »

That's so cool... I'm digging the flat back DAYTONA on the row of cars on the street.... Is the chassis under the body?

Did you get the trani and engine? You going auto or 6 speed? Maybe tip tronic or an F1 paddle shift?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

we went with a tremec 5 speed that can handle 600ft pounds or torque. For engine, i purchased a ford crate engine. Its a 427 with 535hp and its gonna be topped off with a webber intake system as it should. These cars only weigh in at 2300 pounds complete with engine. That equals a real rocket!!! I purchased the kit from factory five racing. The have the best reputation in the business. They sell a complete kit minus, engine, trans and rear. Thats the route we went.

Rob, its a family project because it will take about a year to complete. Everyone is excited to start the build. After its done everyone gets a ride one at a time!! My daughter has already started to learn manual in the jeep with the hopes of being able to drive the cobra one day... i dont have the heart to tell her... LOL!!!!

These things have a VERY nice chassis structure. Nothing like a kit car, more like a race car. The daytona was wicked!!!
Attachments
cobde1l00001.jpg
cobdel00004.jpg
cobdel00007.jpg
cobdel00008.jpg
cobdel00009.jpg
cobdel00010.jpg
cobdel00011.jpg
cobdel00012.jpg
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

FAN---TASTIC!!!

So that's what the "Q-Scale Liquidation Sale" funded!!!

Where'd you meet up with all the other Cobra owners? Local club or from the JFR show? If I were driving by and saw all those Cobras in one place, I think I'd faint!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

met a couple at the john force show. But really just met them off the forums. It was as simple as posting a thread that we were recieving our kit and hosting a car warming party. The hospitality with the cobra guys has been amazing so far!

It was funny seeing neighbors drive by and almost crashing into cars because they were looking at the cars on the other side of the street. We even had a lot of people pull over and get out to just look at the cars! It was like a mini car show right in front of our house!!!
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

So I was right. I had Johnex Cobras (I don't think they are around anymore) as one of my accounts when I was with Goodyear.I would be there for hours looking at them in different stages of completion.
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Mike:

Well done! You're all going to enjoy this super new project ..... but remember one thing ..... these are way too big to have more than one at a time
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

The project has been so much fun that we cant stop thinking about going in the garage to get more done!! Things are going pretty smooth so far except for a couple mistakes i made, that i am fixing today :)
Attachments
week1l00007.jpg
week1l00008.jpg
Andy

Post by Andy »

You really have a fun project going on there. I believe you and your family will have a nice time putting it together.
And that engine you are planning to use will be a beast.
The rules for home built replica and kitcars in Sweden only allowe you to have a weight/horsepower ratio for the chosen engine at 20 horsepower per 100 kg carweight which means you can not put a big block in a Cobra in Sweden unless you put a lot of extra weight on it.

The pictures I posted are taken when I only had owned the car for a couple of weeks, but allready by then I had found out that everyone likes a Cobra. The picture is taken outside our Summerhouse. One morning when the car was parked there, an old lady, in her eighties, walking with a stick,, came in to the garden and shouted: What a brilliant car you have there.
Good luck!
Andy
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Andy, thats a bummer. I dont know what i would do if we had to play by those rules!!!

Here is a sexy shot!
Attachments
will00002.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Latest progress. Bringing the engine home tonight!
Attachments
week3_100001.jpg
week3_100003.jpg
4272.JPG
iggmon72
1/4 scale guru

Post by iggmon72 »

Nice... You are doing excellent progress on it should be driving before summer time...

Igg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

it will atleast be in go kart mode by then. Its been a real good kit so far. VERY happy with the quality of components, vendors and forum members that are there to help. Its been an A+ experience. I would highly recomend Factory Five!