2014 NHRA Carolina Nationals Charlotte, NC

General hang out to post about our lives!
c103110
1/4 scale guru

2014 NHRA Carolina Nationals Charlotte, NC

Post by c103110 »

I drove for 4 hours through the Smoky Mountains to Charlotte, NC, watched approximately 20 trips down the strip (less than a full first round), witnessed Pro Stock Driver and great guy V. Gaines roll 3-4 times through the lights and win against Greenville, TN driver Allen Johnson. The race was canceled and will be finished tomorrow in Dallas, TX. I hung out in the pits while the teams loaded up the cars, went to the Texas Road House, met two brothers on holiday from New Zealand, drank heavily, hit the hotel, stopped off at the Maggie Valley Restaurant (favorite of famous Moonshiner Popcorn Sutton) on the way home and chalked this trip up to a total waste of money. I had a good time though.

c103110
1/4 scale guru

Re: 2014 NHRA Carolina Nationals Charlotte, NC

Post by c103110 »

Sorry, the computer/interweb was puking and I was afraid that I'd lose the prior links if I didn't upload.

Allen Johnson R-Lane and V. Gaines L-Lane ready to go.

Johnson spun, got sideways early and V. Gaines got sideways about 3/4 track and ended up winning the race while rolling multiple times.

Jumbotron replay.

c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

Some zMax Dragway pit pictures and the Power Truck in front of the Maggie Valley Restaurant - a favorite of famous Moonshiner Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton - may he Rest In Peace. Another ATF success story - look it up.

CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Great coverage as always. Thanks
Matty

Post by Matty »

Awesome pics. I was there that day but lost all my own pics. Thanks for posting.