2 weeks in the 'States

General hang out to post about our lives!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

2 weeks in the 'States

Post by bobjeffreson »

Yesterday I arrived back in town after nearly 2 weeks in the United States. Primary reason for heading your way, was to go to the Chili Bowl midget races in Tulsa Oklahoma. 5 nights of the best dirt track midget racing I've ever seen and held indoors at the Expo Center. 336 cars were entered this year, a record car count and all done on a 370ish yard track, that can allow 4 lanes of racing at a tick over 78 miles an hour. Shows that you don't need super fast speeds for great racing. Another tick off my bucket list, although I think I will go back, as it was "the most amazing event". They were suggesting that over 60,000 attended with almost 20,000 people watching the final last Saturday night.
Before the racing started I took the opportunity to drive across to Springdale Arkansas and spend some time with Todd and Sharon Bishop. What warmly inviting and generous people they are. Picked up some of Todd's products that I had pre-ordered, which made the time there even more enjoyable.
With a couple of days in LA on the way home, it was all in all a fantastic trip, although the 16 hours :shock: I spent in the plane flying non-stop from Sydney to Dallas/ Fort Worth was not the most enjoyable flight I've ever done in all my years of travelling. Modern jets like the A380 I flew on, are amazing machines.

Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Re: 2 weeks in the 'States

Post by Kaye »

Bob: Quite a trip!

Kaye