My other hobby.

General hang out to post about our lives!
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

My other hobby.

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, This is the last guitar I built 5 yrs. ago. My son went back to school and his band took a break as did I. It was played Jan. this year at a Lemmy (Motorhead) tribute show. It was stored to close to a heat register. It kind of melted.Image, Image.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Re: My other hobby.

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

great hobby!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Did you fabricate the neck also, I'm thinking yes as the head stock follows the shape of the body? Did you do the frets and inlays, looks like rosewood over pine? is that your name on the head stock? Very nice.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Hi Emilio, No I buy the necks not quite finished meaning I cut the shape of the headstock and put a finish on it. It is rosewood and maple neck. Yes I put my name on it. Here is a link to the guitars I've built. Some are replicas and some were fixer uppers. https://www.facebook.com/grimbly.guitar ... friends_tl
stephan

Post by stephan »

Looks awesome. With style like that, I bet you could produce some awesome concept cars.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Sorry PT I meant maple, I should have known better as I had an American strat with a full maple neck, I mainly play an acoustic Taylor nowadays. Do you have any sound bytes of your playing anywhere?
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, I don't play, I just build. That's my son above. You like heavy metal?
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

PT I like to listen to heavy metal on occasion, I mostly love to arpeggiate open chords and find melodies. Any videos of your sons' band playing?
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Lots on YouTube. Type in Jugular band. If you don't type "band" you will see jugular operations. lol. Or Jugular heavy metal. The videos sound is not the greatest.