New member from SE Michigan

If you are a new member, introduce yourself here.
El Vago

New member from SE Michigan

Post by El Vago »

Just joined the other day and after perusing a few of the forums here thought I would introduce myself.
My name is Ray and I'm a 71 year old semi-retired sign artist/pinstriper. Grew up in the Boston Massachusetts area and moved to South East Michigan about 20 years ago.
Only have one 1/4 scale car(plus another body)and that is a New Era Corvette.One of the early ones with the replaceable tread tires and chain drive w/Zenoah motor.The only modifications I made to it were a bracket to hold the body up(ala Funny Car style).This particular one was built by Frank Desimone for the Lions Club of Nashua NH and auctioned off by them. A friend of mine acquired it several years later and traded it off to me.
Although it has all the radio gear and such it has never been run.Honestly I never found a large enough place to run it and I'm not that great a driver of R/C cars.
I had originally wanted to get one of the 93 Trans Am bodies for it as I have a 1:1 25th Anniversary Trans Am and wanted to replicate it in scale. Sadly I never was able to find one.
Anyway I'm looking forward to talking with others on the forum.I'll try and post pictures when I figure it out;I'm not too computer savvy.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Re: New member from SE Michigan

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Welcome to QSL, glad to have you on the forum. Please feel free to post pics of your project. Al
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: New member from SE Michigan

Post by Emilio »

Hello Vago!