1/4 scale newbie from the Netherlands

If you are a new member, introduce yourself here.
daan Koster

1/4 scale newbie from the Netherlands

Post by daan Koster »

Hello my name is daan I am 23 years old and live in the Netherlands .my English is probably not the best but i do the best I can.
I was about 13 years old when I bought my first rc car, a fg marder. In the years after that I owned a view cars; lauterbacher,leopard 1,fg onroad,leopard 2 completion and last year I bought a Yankee 596 racing. After doing some research about vintage rc cars I discovered the 1/4 scale rc cars. last week I bought my first 1/4 scale! A Yankee 930 porsche. and also placed a bid on a raco indy.
Here some pictures of the Yankee.
Attachments
$_3-2.jpeg
dessous-bleue.jpg
frein-bleue.jpg
moteur2-bleue.jpg
tunforce-bleue.jpg
moteur-bleue.jpg
avant2-bleue.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: 1/4 scale newbie from the Netherlands

Post by Mike Casey »

nice find. its got a lot of good stuff on it! Welcome to the forum!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
daan Koster

Post by daan Koster »

Thanks! Yes I contacted Laurent Grau of the Yankee shop in France and he said it is a full options car
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Welcome Dean! Very nice, I love Yankee cars, I also have the Yankee 930. this raco Indy was on ebay a while ago, It looks crazy, I don't like it.
Attachments
$_57 (8).JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57 (6).JPG
$_57 (5).JPG
$_57 (4).JPG
$_57 (3).JPG
$_57 (2).JPG
$_57 (1).JPG
daan Koster

Post by daan Koster »

i have viewed this car when it was for sale on ebay. it sold for somehing like $1500. i like the raco's verry much and did a lot of research on the internet but i'm not an expert like a lot of you guys over here.

this car made me hesitate about it's originallity. when i compared this chassis whith some indy's from other pictures, the chassis plate looks verry different than the most indy's, even the monocoque doesn't seem to fit right on the chassis. the placement of the egine looks also different then usual. the most indy's i have seen has it's egine at the midle and turned 90 degrees with it's air filter up and exaust down and not like this.
if any one have a buidling sheet or any kind of literature about the indy car's i would be verry happy when someone is willing it to share with me so i can learn more about them.

like i said i'm not an expert so i hope you don't blaim me when i'm wrong about this car and it's originality.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Daan sorry I called you Dean.

You are absolutely right of your pinpoints.The seller set this up for the Yankee Viper body hence all the extensions added. From a collectors point of view this car is a detour. But as a runner,these cars sit very very low and have a wide track with independent suspension, that's a perfect combo, but moving the engine back could upset things, but all in all, it looks to give the best on the track a run for their money. Purely my opinion.
Attachments
$_57 (7).JPG
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Daan

nice find, i looked at that car on ebay as well. Welcome to QSL. Please post your build pics!! Al
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Al, daan purchased the Yankee porsche 930 not the Raco Indy. Which one did you see on ebay?
daan Koster

Post by daan Koster »

Bought this beauty today!
$_3-2.jpeg
Attachments
$_3-1 (1).jpeg
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Wow! you are acquiring quite a collection. If I can give some advice and speaking from experience, be extremely selective when purchasing 1/4 scales, don't purchase anything under the sun just because it's 1/4 scale, sometimes more is less and you are off to a great start! If you don't mind I ask, where did you buy the Indy?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Thats a great looking indy.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Biggest mistake I made was to trade my brand spanking new Raco Indy with good year raised letter tires also brand new, for a new era go-kart. OUCh... I just kicked myself in the a_ss!
daan Koster

Post by daan Koster »

Thanks! Couldn't let this one go. it is from germany and has been stored for about 20-25 years and only have driven a few times.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

I remember this gentleman Wolfgang in Ireland who had brand new parts for raco Indy car, I got a few things from him, nice guy, haven't heard about him again in years?
daan Koster

Post by daan Koster »

that's too bad! I need 4 new tires because they are dry rotted..