WCM

This is your place to post stories related to 1/4 scale. These could be experiences, historical stories or inside scoop of the old manufacturers!!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

WCM

Post by bobjeffreson »

It's terrific to see the that the famous old name WCM, is to make a comeback. The name has been sold to a group in Indiana, who are to start from the ground up on new designs for the cars. I believe they even intend to go back to centre belt drives, as WCM were back in the day!
Good luck with the new venture guys.
Sonny B

Re: WCM

Post by Sonny B »

I know the new owners pretty well and once they get up to speed I think you will see a smooth flow of parts.

When they bought the company they thought it would take about 2-3 months to get everything moved and production up and running. So far they are on track with that plan. Once they are ready you will see a lot more info about the company and the new owners.

My guess is you may have talked with Jon at S&P Motorsports about parts. Right now is their main retailer. Unfortuately the parts supply was pretty low before the new owners bought the company and they are in the process of trying to catch up. So there is probably a good chance that the parts you need are not available at the moment. However this should be taken care of soon.

Jon is usually really good about getting back with people so I would suggest maybe to contact him again.