Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Collectable 1/4 Scale » Engine Discussion

Post subject: In need of cheep 1/4 scale engine between 25cc and 45cc
 Post Posted: August 25th, 2014, 1:15 pm 

Hello! I am looking for an engine. Hopefully semi cheep... Like below $500. Im building my first quarter scale topfuel dragster. And first things first... I need an engine. I am looking for suggestions for what to use that i could buy online or from a user. Needs to be shipable. I am also looking for dimensions, rear ends, bodys, ANYTHING. If anyone has ANY suggestions for anything ill listen. Also i was wondering if you can use a plain engine for a dragster. Or if you can convert it to work with the rear end and how i would go about that. Any pictures, links, emails, phone numbers, videos, dimensions... ANYTHING!!! Is much appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: In need of cheep 1/4 scale engine between 25cc and 45cc
 Post Posted: August 25th, 2014, 2:40 pm 
Legacy Member

DirtbikeRider

Welcome to QSL, i hope you enjoy the site. For your engine, i recommend checking out Dave's Discount Motors at http://www.davesmotors.com/ he has a great selection to fit your price range. Al

Post Posted: August 25th, 2014, 5:14 pm 
Legacy Member

Daves is a great outfit. you will find what you need well in your budget! Good luck and welcome!!!

Post Posted: December 19th, 2016, 6:26 am 

Want some serious HP then Oneils is the place.http://www.oneillbrothers.com/

Post Posted: December 21st, 2016, 6:14 am 

I have a MATHE 30cc for sale. Is used and has been stored for years but still in good shape. Needs a general clean and inspection. Could sell for Euro 90+shipping.

Cheers,
Javier

Post Posted: February 3rd, 2017, 9:24 am 

In response to O'Neil Brothers Racing as a choice for "serious horsepower," I would NOT recommend buying any of their Engines.
About a year ago I purchased one of their "full race modified" 30.5cc striker Engines.
I had less power from it than from my stock 23cc zenith so I contacted Chris Battalions of Bartolone Racing and sent the engine to him.
Turns out that during their hand porting process, they removed too much material from the exhaust port which caused blow by during the compression/fireing stroke.
Chris repairs quite a few of their Engines, anyone who really knows anything about these Engines will recommend Bartolone Racing or Trevor Simpson engines if your lucky enough to score one!

Post Posted: February 24th, 2017, 10:15 am 

First off we've been CNC porting coming up on 5 years now. The free port that you're speaking of could only happen if we lowered the exhaust port which we have never done to any of our engines. Our 30.5cc engines are built for torque and the only work done to the exhaust port is breaking the chrome at the top and surfacing. Regardless we stand behind our work and if you would have contacted us we would have been more then happy to make it right. Doesn't surprise me Chris didn't have anything good to say as he's our competitor :lol: I could go through our junk cylinder bin and pull quite a few bartolone cylinders from his engines that were sent to us to be converted. It goes both ways :roll:

Post Posted: February 28th, 2017, 5:41 pm 

There's always the other side of the story than never seems to get posted until NOW! OBR only CNC machine there engines no hand polish porting. HUH? :lol:

Board index » Collectable 1/4 Scale » Engine Discussion