Conley 427 Engine on eBay

Post anything here that has to do with 1/4 scale engines and tuning.
Dry Modeler

Conley 427 Engine on eBay

Post by Dry Modeler »

Hey guys - I think this is the same guy who has tried to sell Conley engines on eBay that aren't his. The nature of this ad looks very similar to the other fake ads. He tries to make the sale outside of eBay so the buyer doesn't have any recourse.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1-4-scale ... Sw0A9aIXLz

If it's legitimate, then I apologize, but please check it out.

Dave
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Conley 427 Engine on eBay

Post by Mike Casey »

I reported it. Others should too
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Dry Modeler

Post by Dry Modeler »

Now he has the same exact item under a new eBay name. The first name was "bt_baker", with a picture of a Conley SOHC 427 engine and his personal email of pakarys@aol.com telling to contact him outside of eBay. Now that ad was pulled and he's using "fork_lift_work" with the exact same information, picture, and email address for the same Conley engine. I contacted eBay again. I'm pissed because I've been looking for this exact Conley engine for a few years, and this thief has been targeting Conley engine buyers for years. The eBay item numbers were 162786660365 and 232582004961. The eBay representative said she has transferred this to security investigations, but this guy will be back.
Dry Modeler

Post by Dry Modeler »

EBay customer service has removed both ads from this guy. Just beware, as this guy will be back trying to sell a Conley engine he doesn't own, outside of eBay.
Dry Modeler

Post by Dry Modeler »

The guy is at it again. He now has a Stinger in a dragster for sale. Item number 162791140529 was found by a very good friend of mine. He reported to eBay and I just called them. I think he's hacking into old Ebay accounts and trying to fool eBay. People like this and identity fraud thieves should die a slow and painful death. I HATE them!!!
Dry Modeler

Post by Dry Modeler »

Hey guys, once AGAIN. This guy is trying to sell an engine on Ebay that he doesn't have. Do not fall for this guy. I reported this to Ebay but it might help if others did the same. He has tried approximately a half dozen times selling Conley engines outside of Ebay AND he doesn't own an engine. Here's the number 232655609963.
Dry Modeler

Post by Dry Modeler »

Update - Ebay removed the previous listing but this guy is using kabishop1959 and trying to sell the same motor under item # 222828755993. The previous listing was under bea0307. He always uses the same AOL email address within the photographs to get people to buy the non-existent engine under "pakarys@aol.com" outside of Ebay. I'm guessing he must be hacking into old Ebay Seller names, or dead Ebay account names. So, buyer beware and don't fall for the Dirt bag. I alerted Ebay, so it should be gone soon.
Dry Modeler

Post by Dry Modeler »

The guy that lists Conley engines on Ebay has another listing today that is a fake ad. Check out item # 142956236311. It's not a Conley engine, but it's a V8 from Gary. He tries to work a deal outside of Ebay and is using kovorok@aol.com to get you to send him money. It's the same guy as pakarys@aol.com. So, beware of this dirtbag. I notified Ebay, so they should be looking into this dope. He doesn't own any of the 1/4 scale engines in the first place!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Thx. I just reported too
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!