Need some carburetor help

Post anything here that has to do with 1/4 scale engines and tuning.
maddogwa#11

Re: Need some carburetor help

Post by maddogwa#11 »

Lovedr wrote:Ok guys

I have had it with this engine. I think it's time to completely disassemble it and see if there is an internal problem. The latest update is I think the carb is working as it should. The spark plug is good and working but while starting the engine, I can see gas coming out of the exhaust headers which leads me to believe the engine is getting flooded. I also made a gasket out of gasket material to make sure there is no leaks. I then took the spark plug out and disconnected the gas line to the carb to empty the engine of any gas. I then tried to start it using starter fluid and still no luck. My next step is to get a new manifold and carb. Any input would be great. Thanks

Have it got spark and compression.
If yes . Hav a look if key way on flywheel is not stipped flywheel = spark will spark but at rong time.
With the boat motors that run with no chock . You place thum over carby give a cupple pulls till thum iis wet (chocked). Then pull and start.
The tube running to carby block looks like its set up with a pulse port to the rear carby.
Bigblock

Re: Need some carburetor help

Post by Bigblock »

Turn the high and low needles in completely on the carby.then turn the low needle out 1.5-2 turns and the high needle out 2 turns .Just trial with tuning ,also ensure the carb is clean and the fuel clean ,also use a inline filter.