Conley engine owners

Post anything here that has to do with 1/4 scale engines and tuning.
tekne10

Re: Conley engine owners

Post by tekne10 »

Mike, she is absolutely beautiful! thanks for sharing pics. I like the wooden display box.
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

Mike Youve done well out of that deal thats a seriously clean example of an early conley. Nice score man.
mickieb49

Post by mickieb49 »

Hi Guys,
I am one of the fortunate guys who purchased one of the new Conleys , its been 2 years so far of waiting, but im sure it will be worth it when it arrives.
I intend to scratch build a AC Cobra for it, just need things like a rear end, Rims and tyres to help get me started, anyone know of where i can get these?
I am machining out the plug for the body mold ( will start a build thread when i start) .
Thanks Mick
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

mickie see todd at bishrop racing products wheels and tyres. can do custom sets.
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

I see the conley transmission, water pump, timing case and gears and rocker cover went for a pretty penny.$1800!!!!!AUD...................Mike I really hope you get good money for your items. If the person that bought the above mentioned products is trying to build another engine then at least youll make good money from your parts. Whoever bought the parts paid well and truely over and above a realistic price in my eyes. I suppose the seller would be over the moon about getting such stupid money for it.
tekne10

Post by tekne10 »

I was absolutely shocked to see what it sold for too. If I were to guess, I would have said 400$ max. I find it extremely weird when stuff like this sells for ridiculous prices while a complete engine sells for 3000.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

i was amazed as well. If you need the parts, then i guess you pay the price.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I was willing to go up to $600 just because the water pump stuff was worth 200 to me. but yea, it went nuts
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

Mike I see your parts went for very reasonable money. Nice work. A few extra Items out of the garage
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Yes! Very pleased with what I got and glad I could help out some members. Problem with eBay is you need to keep an eye on your auctions at all times. Low feedback bidders and sometimes known scumbags bid. You need to constantly delete bids. I have had too many problems when not doing this.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

yeah your right about the scumbags. Plenty of them around.
tekne10

Post by tekne10 »

Guys, what is happening to Conley prices. This one is BLOWING my mind. I get that its new but that price is ridiculous!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281723222200?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Yes ridiculous is spot on.
specialk1

Post by specialk1 »

tekne10 wrote:Guys, what is happening to Conley prices. This one is BLOWING my mind. I get that its new but that price is ridiculous!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281723222200?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
wow that is nutz :(
mickieb49

Post by mickieb49 »

Hello All, Just recieved my Stinger Yesterday, 2 years wait, and i can honestly say it is well worth it. Garys attention to detail on these current engines is just outstanding. I was nearly going to kick the boss out of bed so i can have my own little private sleep over with it.
Now its up to figuring out the chassis, where to put tanks, what rims and tyres to run and make a final decision of what car body i will do for it. Pretty keen on a AC Cobra, but just not too sure if the engine will stick out of the bonnet too much.
Take care guys/