Conley early V8

Post anything here that has to do with 1/4 scale engines and tuning.
kraziedago

Conley early V8

Post by kraziedago »

Hello

I'm a new member to this site and I'm needing some help. I'm wanting to build a conley front engine dragster but I have one big problem.Try and find one of his early engines is imposable.Im looking for the one that look's to have injectors on it like a jr fuel car looked back in the day.So far I have spent ten years looking so any help would be great.At this point I don't care if it runs or not as long as it look's complete. :lol:
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Re: Conley early V8

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

kraziedago

Welcome to QSL, i am sure that you will get the info that you are looking for in your engine. As for the front engine dragster chassis with quick change, John Foster at www.quartermortar.com is your POC. Al
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

He did not make very many of those intakes. They were hard to tune since they provided so much fuel and air. A lot of them only used 4 of the carbs to operate properly. I have only seen a couple go up for sale over the past 10 years. Your best bet would be to make an intake custom. John foster did this for me on one project and did a very nice job.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
kraziedago

Post by kraziedago »

Good Morning All

Yes John at quartermorter is my guy on this project. I had him update and go threw my Pace setter Funny car that was on there original flyer they sent out. I don't have an extra 10k floating around for the 609 stinger plus its a lot bigger then the early 427 engines are and don't look right per John.Plus I'm trying to build a replica of my old Don Long I had in my younger day's

Thank's for your help

Robert