Honda 4 Stroke

Post anything here that has to do with 1/4 scale engines and tuning.
showa

Honda 4 Stroke

Post by showa »

I wonder what happened to the Q Scale 4 stroke Honda truck class??? If they had kept them on gas instead of alky I think they would have made it ...and they sounded way kewl..... Would make a nice class differential between GN and Sportsman.... I know the price would be another motor but, it sure would be the best sounding class IMHO....I know they were heavier but they seemed quiter with a straight pipe than the Zenoah with stock muffler....I know some will say it would/was another added expense, but from what I have seen of late and read on message boards, Q scale needs something new to help it get big again.....1/5 is catching up and may overtake the oval world too if the Ostriches don't get their heads outta the sand....
Of course I may be all wrong and outta line....What do you all think????
I was out of the hobby during this time but I got to see them run at a Super Nationals in Vegas...
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Showa, I dont think you are out of line. 1/4 scale does need something to make it big again. I think it needs MFG's to start making cars scale looking again. I also think the MFG's really need to go to the large RC car shows and get exposure back to the scale. People dont even know the things are still made anymore. :cry:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Big Trev
Legacy Member

Post by Big Trev »

Don't know why, but I always thought the Honda 4 stroke class was for offroad stadium trucks, I take it they weren't
Are there any pics of these. Were they running the 26cc motor? What HP did they pump out? I imagine the power was down a lot compared to 2 strokes even then. Am I right that the old Zenoaghs only pushed out about 2HP. Nowadays they can get out about 5HP from what I hear from 1/5 scale racers?
I think 4 strokes would be awesome, which would be suitable nowadays.
While I am thinking about it, did the pipes that were designed to swirl all over the show, split up into 4 or 8 and back into 1 or 2 ever sound closer to ideal, ie....V8, or at least nicer than the usual 2 stroke buzz?
Who ate all the pies?
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

I have been looking for one of these engines to put in a WCM car I have. It was originally equipped with one but the guy I bought it from put in the zenoah.
Big Trev, The sound these things had was just bad ass. If you have ever been to a WKA go cart race that was about the closest thing I can think of to compare. I want one for the WCM and for a Dirt Latemodel that I plan on building. The motor would finish off the Latemodel perfect....
Big Trev
Legacy Member

Post by Big Trev »

Hi Big Maestro, I can only imagine......then again, I have a GX35 on order so I might just start to understand. The dimensions I got off the net seem to indicate they are a neat small package. I will certainly have a play with the pipe to try get a decent tune out of it.
I would love to put it in a fun stadium or monster truck. Let me know if anybody has one floating around in parts or otherwise condition. Thanks
Who ate all the pies?
mdunn

Re: Honda 4 Stroke

Post by mdunn »

I had a GX35 that went onto the front of a 1/4 scale Citabria airplane. The sound was awesome. I also currently have a 23cc that was going to go into a WCM chassis, but I decided to sell it (it's in the for sale section). The 23cc fits pretty good in the chassis, but I think the 35cc would a have been a little to bulky. If the WCM doesn't sell, the two may come together some day. :D the 4-stroke sound is very cool!