Conley Precision

Post anything here that has to do with 1/4 scale engines and tuning.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Conley Precision

Post by Mike Casey »

Whats the deal here? I have heard rumors of it being sold and Gary moving. What are you guys hearing?
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Bikerbuz

Re: Conley Precision

Post by Bikerbuz »

Yes, that's correct. He sold the company and moved to Texas. I have '34 Roadster on order from him and got a bit scared when I heard about it, but he's taken his hole shop with him and he promises that he will finish and ship it in a timely manner.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

BilerBuz,

I'm a little confused. If he sold the company, why is he taking his shop with him and still personally making your 34? Can you clarify?

Thanks
Bikerbuz

Post by Bikerbuz »

Lovedr,

Well, if I understood him correctly, Gary sold his company including name, rights and so on, but he kept all stock and plans to continue building on a smaller scale. I don't know how much of the machinery he kept, but I'll be in touch with him again later this month and I can update here when I know more.

Or, You can contact him directly on "conley-engines@att.net".
I think he still answers questions, but not sure if he takes any new orders.
Bikerbuz

Post by Bikerbuz »

Ok, here's an update with more correct information.

Gary sold his company including all stock, but plans to continue building on a smaller scale.

He kept "all" machines, but none is operational yet.

He doesn't have anything up and running at this time, due to both expected and unforseen circumstances and it unfortunately doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

I'll update here if I get any more relevant information.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

thanks for the update!
mickieb49

Post by mickieb49 »

Also heard on the rumour mill that the company was sold to someone in Australia??
Contacted him a few weeks back , he said that he will still be the guy to talk to if spare parts are needed .
Bikerbuz

Post by Bikerbuz »

After a number of mails I got the information I was dreading to get from Gary.
He told me that the completion of my car, not counting the current wait, was at least another year away, due to a number of circumstances, so I decided to cancel my order. Therefore I won't be updating this thread with any more information in the future as I had planned.

Also, since Gary doesn't have any of his shop machines up and running, getting it in order will most likely take a long time. It will probably be quite some time before he can even make spare parts of any kind.

Hopefully someone else can keep in touch with him and update this thread with info about how things are coming along for him from time to time.
Dry Modeler

Post by Dry Modeler »

I'd like to add my 2 cents here. I spoke to Gary a couple of months ago while he was in the process of moving to Texas. He had a plan to sell the "Stinger" brand to a company / person in Australia. I do not know if that deal was successful or not, but Gary still "retired" to Texas. Now, most people do not have a good concept of what it takes to build a lot of 40 Stinger engines, then follow it up with another lot of 70 units. If you add another 10 - 15 more for his testing, models, trade shows, etc., he got burnt out producing 125 of the most fantastic model engine EVER made. Will he continue to make cars in the future - only Gary knows. I hope so. I'm sure Gary still has some parts packed away for the Stinger engines, but if the Australian deal went through, then a new so-called Stinger will emerge. For those that own a Stinger, whether it's a Supercharged version or the naturally aspirated version, you should see the work involved in his venture. By the way, I think there are less than 10 of the NA version of the Stingers out there, with the remainder being the SC version. Let's all hope if we need parts, they will be available some day soon.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Historically getting parts has been very hard. Will be interesting to see what happens!
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Nice to hear directly. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like he is pretty stoked.
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

A well earned retirement. Thanks for sharing this information.