Audi R8 project

Post your custom large scale projects completed or not here. These are home builds. No factory or mass produced cars please.
henryf

Audi R8 project

Post by henryf »

Welcome! I've had a couple of different cars and I am now stuck to the plan to build car by myself. I apologize if my story is confused about my language skills are not good :D

I want to build a quarter scale car that is very similar to the 1/1 scale car. I`m planning to build mid engine car whith gearbox and maybe 4wd. I know it`s very hard work and costs lot of money and hours but i least try.

I have some questions.
I`m planning to use twincilinder engine, is it possible use turbocharger because i think that my car is going to be heavy and needs more power?

Is some company produces gearboxes for 1/4 scale cars or some other scale what uses petrol engine?

Wher i can buy tires? Some internet shop?

I hope you see my first pics very soon
henryf

Re: Audi R8 project

Post by henryf »

No i don`t have a body, i must made it by myself. My friend use fiberglass every day and he can help me with that. Yes i mean supercharged :D. I need advice with gearbox. I think i need not less than 3 speed for good acceleration and top speed. And if we talk about engine then conley is too expensive for me.
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

a guy started that body in 2008... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950366
as a lot of bodies, often started, rarely finished!
good luck!
:mrgreen:
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
henryf

Post by henryf »

Well, I hope that I can handle it :D
And I hope that first pics of my project is coming very soon
henryf

Post by henryf »

This project has been canceled! My new project coming soon.