QRS coupe 2.0

Post your custom large scale projects completed or not here. These are home builds. No factory or mass produced cars please.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

QRS coupe 2.0

Post by Mike Casey »

Here at LRU we have been very busy the past few months developing and redesigning the QRS Coupe. Things are starting to come together and here are some sneak peeks of what is comming!
Attachments
P1020363.jpg
P1020363.jpg (90.05 KiB) Viewed 12196 times
P1020362.jpg
P1020362.jpg (103.98 KiB) Viewed 12196 times
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
mgbgt

Re: QRS coupe 2.0

Post by mgbgt »

Very nice, you can tell how much thought is being put into the design. How until they are available?
Knowledge is a terrible thing to waste but the best thing to share
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Mike: You've been busy. I'm looking forward to following the pictorial progress.
Kevin
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

One is sold. A second one is being built at the same time to be used as a company sample. There are a lot of changes done to the engine setup. My car was never built to the point where it could be driven either so there has been a few challenges in that department too. Stuff is starting to come in so I will start posting pics of progress. Just did not do it before because there was not much to show.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Also, this frame is only 70% complete. The car has a complex front and rear bulkhead that is laser cut and formed. We are still waiting on those parts to be ready.
kenazzo2000
1/4 scale guru

Post by kenazzo2000 »

keep up the good work looking great
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

This body is the one piece body that has been modified to multipiece with additional scoops and interior. I dont think a one piece would fit right on this chassis because the front is where the hood hinge goes... not yet shown in the pics because its not welded on.

We may sell just a frame if someone wanted it. Might not fit your needs just right though.

Our plan is to produce 2 different models of cars right now. The plan is to see what is involved and the cost. These cars will not be cheap though. The best I can figure is that they will be in the 5-7k range each if we do end up producing them for sale.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

No cars will house a Conley engine. The price range simply represents the fact that I dont have all the costs in line so far. There will be two models. One is a coupe and the other is a street version GTP super car. There is a lot of stuff involved in doing both models and neither car will be like anything else ever produced in the 1/4 scale market before. The best I can guess is that a frame with NO suspension at all and just a completely bare frame would sell in the $800 range. That is just a guess.
formula1

Post by formula1 »

That's exciting stuff Mike. Definitely some cool projects.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

The rear is setup for a skellenger modified for independent suspension and the front can use skellenger spindles. But both front and rear is a leaf spring suspension. The braking is going to be done by using quartermortar hydraulic brakes on all four wheels.
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Dang!

I hope I get to drive one of those sometime.
I have driven a fifth-scale car with hydraulic brakes (just the fronts, though) and it was REALLY fun... you ran as deep as you dared into the corner, braked in a straight line (if you turned the front wheels and THEN hit the brakes, the car would push wide) and then cut the turn off power, then picked up the accelerator smoothly. As close to driving a REAL car as I've ever done in a scale RC vehicle. You could see the weight transfer to the front, and everything... what a riot!

But driving a vintage scale Daytona with four wheel hydraulic brakes would be a REAL treat!!! With leaf springs, you'd certainly see the body roll and weight transfering. Sway bars?

Are you going for some kind of scale looking treaded rubber tires or foams? That'll be an important factor in how hard you could drive it.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Mike, for sure the company models will be driven to work out all the performance bugs. Unfortunately, the daytona will have foam tires since the tire size is quite odd and for such low production numbers, it just does not make sence to make a rubber mold.
frankkind
Legacy Member

Post by frankkind »

like it mike good job,what engine are you going to put in
grt frank
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

I'd for sure want to exhaust ALL possibilities of finding some rubber tires for 'em first.... go karts, pedal cars, industrial tires, lawn and garden equipment....you'd think there would have to be something close out there somewhere.

Of course, foams will be very readily do-able and will provide good traction.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

probably wont sell them on LRU since the bodies are sold out. But I could probably get you a setup later.

Mike, I have looked all over for tires. The problem lies with the rear tire. The side wall needs to have a certain look (curve) to fit the wheelwell right. The fronts are not so bad. BRP tires would actually work there.