STAINLESS STEEL HEADERS

Post your custom home made components here. Rear ends, wheels, steering, etc. No mass produced of factory items please.
kmarrs

STAINLESS STEEL HEADERS

Post by kmarrs »

ME AND A FRINED OF MINE BUILT THESE THER NOT PERFECT BUT WE PLAN ON RE DOING THEM THIS WAS JUST A TRIAL ALSO THEY REALY DO WORK THEY ARE HOOKED TO THE MUFLER
Attachments
2.JPG
3.JPG
DSC01110.JPG
DSC01110.JPG (20.12 KiB) Viewed 9694 times
kmarrs

Re: STAINLESS STEEL HEADERS

Post by kmarrs »

we are about to get it soon as we do i think we are going to build a jig so we can make thim straiter if we can just figure out the angles
Attachments
headers (2)2.JPG
quartermortar

Post by quartermortar »

Headers really add alot to the appearance. You did a good job. Whats next?
kmarrs

Post by kmarrs »

thank you and i was thinking about makeing the excape hatch so i can reach inside to pick it up man this thing is heavy also would like to put a fake engine stinking out of the hood like the real one does any body know where i could find one
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

I've used the oversized scoop/blower assemblies from the 1/8 Muscle Machines RC toy cars before, like these:

http://www.all-rc-toys.com/muscle.html

A lot of times, you can find them on the 'Bay for a lot less. They're actually a tad oversized, but they look pretty good anyway.

Or, you can go to your local plumbing supply store and get three 45-degree pieces of 1" PVC joint pipe and glue them together and paint/detail 'em up for a semi-convincing modern buzzard-catcher scoop.
Attachments
PVC Scoop.jpg
kmarrs

Post by kmarrs »

thank you verry much cpvc looks good i think i will go that route what do you think about me makeing the excape hatch like i was talking about
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

I was thinking about putting in a roof hatch so I could flip it up (3rd channel) when backing up from a burnout. But I did not do it, as I worried it would have weakened the funny's small "cab" area and required reinforcing the skinny front roof pillars quite a bit.

I just left the side windows open, so I can reach in there and grab the car by the chassis or (when it's cool) the pipe to lift it in and out of the van. I can also reach the pull-start and kill-switch through the window, so it's much more convenient.

I know, I know, all modern Funny Cars all have side windows, but this is one detail area I'd cheat for added convenience.

Still interested to see how you do the headers, too...
kmarrs

Post by kmarrs »

like i said they are not pretty but we plan on re doing thim i still like pluging the end off thaught about putting a spark plug in the end hopeing to make it shoot out some flames out the exhaust got any ideas are is it more trouble than its worth
Attachments
headers2.JPG
headers.JPG
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

spark plug idea is cool, might need to run fuel right into the exhaust though. on a full size car, that setup shuts off the ignition for a secon so fule passes through the engine and out the exhaust so the spark plug has something to burn. That or a LPG setup.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Unfortunately, I am too chicken to try to rig anything like that up, for fear of blowing up something.

But I'd LOVE to see it work. If anyone can figure it out, I'd add that to my car in a heartbeat.

Here's how the old Pacesetter Headers were done, inline engine orientation:
Attachments
PS Headers.jpg
PS Headers.jpg (39.59 KiB) Viewed 9294 times
kmarrs

Post by kmarrs »

HEY THAT LOOKS A LOT NEATER THAN MINE IM GOING TO TRY THE PLUG I WILL LET YOU KNOW THANKS FOR THE HELP MAN THIS IS BEGINING TO BE FUN IM GLAD I JOIND
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

kmarrs

Post by kmarrs »

i will call thim first thing in the morning thanks
quartermortar

Post by quartermortar »

Ken do you know how well fiberglass burns? I guess i should get another body ready to ship. LOL
kmarrs

Post by kmarrs »

where have you been i hope it dont burn thanks for getting me here its starting to get fun