very first try at a rear wing, any pointers ?

Post your custom home made components here. Rear ends, wheels, steering, etc. No mass produced of factory items please.
BeninTexas

very first try at a rear wing, any pointers ?

Post by BeninTexas »

Hi Fellas, I have decided to try my hand at a rear wing.
Using some scrap aluminum I tried to keep the wing as semi cemetrical as possible, after looking at some other rear wings on other Top Fuelers this is what I came up with, it may be slightly larger than whats actually needed but this one was just for practice , let me know what yall think and perhaps throw in some pointers, any and all help and suggestions are welcome
Attachments
rearwing#2.jpg
rear wing#1.jpg
Organization :............... its for People to lazy to look for anything
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: very first try at a rear wing, any pointers ?

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, This is a vey late reply.I didn't even see it earlier.Anyway I made a wood frame in the airfoil shape.I made 5 ribs 1/2" x 6" I think then spread them out evenly to the width of the wing.Then added strips of wood to attach the ribs.The wood frame should look something like a RC airplane wing. I used thin aluminum than you have in the pic.Easier to wrap.Wrap the aluminum around the wood frame then put screws in the ribs on the bottom.So you have a clean look on top.Then screw your side stabilizers to the side ribs.