Some sheet metal work

Post your custom home made components here. Rear ends, wheels, steering, etc. No mass produced of factory items please.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Re: Some sheet metal work

Post by RcBurnout »

I am an aluminum monster Mike... For some reason I can control heat better with aluminum then steel.... I've always struggled with the easy stuff in every aspect of my life and flew thru the hard stuff with ease. Go figure... Will see. Got a ways to go. Here's some things I might do to help me with the bending Nd templates of this car. I found these pics on lines.... I may make a wood plug out of the 32. I don't know how much trouble it will be or how much work but I think it may be needed to keep the car straight. Really don't know let
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

If you have a fiberglass one, you might be able to back fill reinforce it and use that. My guy just did one panel at a time and placed it over the fiberglass to verify the shape.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Not a bad ideal Mike. I have a spare 32 to use as the host ... Thanx
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

I don't know but here's my second lesson of YouTube. I did the fender shape. This is a gas tank. They say this is one of the first projects you learn in sheet metal. Simple template. I used a role of electrical tape and traced the outside for the top and the inner circle for the lower end and walaaaaa....
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Paul
1/4 scale guru

Post by Paul »

Very, very nice work!