Drag Wheels

Post your custom home made components here. Rear ends, wheels, steering, etc. No mass produced of factory items please.
ricksrc

Drag Wheels

Post by ricksrc »

I’m going to start manufacturing some 2-piece billet/spun aluminum DRAG WHEELS. They’ll be 5” diameter and approximately 5” wide. The center section will fit the standard 6-pin/bolt 1/4 scale hub pattern. They will also come fully polished. They are designed to fit Bridgestone 4 1/2” x 10” x 5” kart tires.
Before I start production, I’d like a little feedback regarding wheel widths that are currently being used by all of you and what types of cars you might use these wheels on.
Any comments and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Price “to be determined”.
Thanks, Rick
Attachments
11B504FF-DE1F-4A7F-A066-691F5CD47D5F.jpeg
A59A12D1-2737-414E-8BE3-692C59A0AFFB.jpeg
F0C8AC2F-28D2-4BCA-A7CA-810E9ACFED53.jpeg
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: Drag Wheels

Post by Emilio »

They are absolutely smoking, second to none. I would love to buy wheels for the standard tires, hope you make them also.
ricksrc

Post by ricksrc »

Thanks Emilio,

I appreciate the compliment. I kind of like the wheels too :D
I’ve actually had a lot of very positive feedback on the Drag Wheels so... I’m going to go ahead and do a run of them. It won’t be a large run at first so it’ll be first come first served. We’ll have another discussion after i see the results.
Also, as far as re-making my original wheels (4” diameter), it’s definitely a possibility . I’d love to start them up again. It’s a matter of demand. Let me know what you think.

Kind Regards, Rick
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Rick you have the go ahead to make the standard rims I'm sure there are plenty of cars out there that would love to have the signature Rick's wheels. I've had a set of your wheels and think they are the best looking out there.The tricky part is, to many people with deep pockets and short arms lol. Also try a set for the Yankee hubs if possible.