Jay in Port Charlotte, FL

Please post details about transactions with other forum members here. Please include the username in the topic. Thanks!
cryo-tek
1/4 scale guru

Jay in Port Charlotte, FL

Post by cryo-tek »

Buyers beware….

This car was listed on Craig’s list. I contacted the seller and he agreed to sell the car to me. He wasn’t able to take Pay Pal so I told him I would send him cash and he would have it the next day. After a couple of calls the deal was set. :D
I contacted the UPS store that he recommended and set up the packaging and shipping. All he had to do was receive my money and drop the car off. Later I tried to call him but now he doesn’t answer his phone. I had not sent the money yet so that is not a loss. At this point I assume he decided to keep the car or sold it to someone else. :( The disappointing part is that I didn’t get the car and that he went back on his word, reneged on our deal and didn’t have the balls to call me and tell me. What do they say, “ A man is only as his word”

The guy’s name is Jay and lives in Port Charlotte, FL.
Attachments
Raco.JPG
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Jay in Port Charlotte, FL

Post by Mike Casey »

I saw that one on craigslist too. Believe it was $600? I contacted him the other day through craigslist and did get a responce, but it was "the car has been sold". Figured it would be at that deal. Then again, i kinda thought it must be a scam at that price. But why would he state it was sold?

Oh yea... i saw it posted on a couple different counties. I did not think it was in florida.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
cryo-tek
1/4 scale guru

Post by cryo-tek »

When I talked to him he said that he was in Port Charlotte, FL. The UPS store he named was also in Port Charlotte, FL.

It's a nice looking car, I'm Bummed big time. :(

Well back to the Grizzley.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

sorry cryo-tek:

I got the car but let me tell you what happened to me. I contacted the guy and he asked me if I was local which i am(about 2 hours away). then he asked if I would offer more money which I did. BUT, on the way to pick the car up and about 30 to 45 min. away, I got a call from him telling me he changed his mind. you can IMAGINE what was going through my mind!!! on top of that, while I was talking to him, the cell phone lost reception and I was on a 2 lane highway with no exits insight. its called alligator ally. so I drove to the next rest spot and started to drive back knowing that he must of gotten a better offer. I was NOT happy especially since I had to argue with my wife about buying it. so, when I got cell reception again, I called him back and was not happy with what just happened, but after trying to talk some sense into him, he finally agreed to sell me the car, actually, it was his wife that felt bad for me and told him to sell me the car because of where i was and what I’ve done. so I am sorry cryo-tek and I know what you went through. i hope this story makes you fell a little better.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

that sucks for everyone. Damn hobby and damn rare junk... :twisted: :lol:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
chiefj48
1/4 scale guru

Post by chiefj48 »

i know of someone else trying to get that car, and asked if i could get it for him.....
i look at it this way....if you want something bad enough you will get it... trust me i know first hand, as i have been able to get the cars i was after.... i feel bad for the guy that really really wants it, and missed it, but i am also happy for the guy that got it...
there will be other deals out there, and i am sure your turn will come.... just do not give up!!!
just my 2 cents worth...
cryo-tek
1/4 scale guru

Post by cryo-tek »

Congratulations on your new car. At least it’s still in the states and on the forum. It’s a great looking car let me know if you decide to sell it. I wanted to anodize the chassis blue.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

Thank you guys. I really do feel bad. as some poeople on this form would tell you, I 've came to close to buying one car and sent the money only to have it returned because someone else offered more. at least i got my money back
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Lovedr wrote:sorry cryo-tek: .............. etc .... I was NOT happy especially since I had to argue with my wife about buying it.
I hope you've got the missus all hosed down now! Whenever I mention to mine that I'm buying something else rc related her usual comment is 'fine, but where are we going to put it' :shock:

Kevin
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

Kevin:

she is real good to me. she understands. the thing that kills here is that the cars just sit there and I dont use them that much.
chiefj48
1/4 scale guru

Post by chiefj48 »

Lovedr wrote:Kevin:

she is real good to me. she understands. the thing that kills here is that the cars just sit there and I dont use them that much.
i will come down, and help you run them!!!! lol

just let me know when you plan on playing with them.....