bad business

Please post details about transactions with other forum members here. Please include the username in the topic. Thanks!
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

bad business

Post by jayhurrikane »

here are pics of my new era indy car body after kevin hibbs shipped it back to me. kevin and i had an agreement he would copy the frame and body so he can make sum and make em available to interested parties , he told me that the mould process wouldnt hurt my car, well take a look. keep in mind that this car is a wram show 1st place winner and it was perfect! he told me the body was in perfect condition except that sum of the decals lifted and that he made a set and included them, they were not up to snuff. now he doesnt answer his phone . well this guYs a piece #@!ˆ*±! . AND THE COPYS ARE TERRIBLE! be warned! i
Attachments
get-attachment-11.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-9.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-8.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-7.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-6.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-5.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-4.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-3.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-1.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-2.aspx.jpeg
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

more pics of bad business

Post by jayhurrikane »

more pics of kevin hibbs work, and yes those are cracks in the fiberglass!
Attachments
get-attachment-13.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-14.aspx.jpeg
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Re: more pics of bad business

Post by jayhurrikane »

before pics of indy
Attachments
get-attachment-4.aspx.jpeg
get-attachment-2.aspx.jpeg
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Re: bad business

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Wow that's not cool....
Born and raised in Brooklyn NY, I don't wanna tell you what I would do if it were me.
Anyway sorry to hear about that Jay.
quickg23

Post by quickg23 »

Finally, Finally exposed for what this fool really,A THIEF. This poor excuse for a man,no pride.has no business playing with us big boys We do not need creep's like you in our great hobby. This hobby is is for men who truly love the hobby. I have been in 1/4 scale a few year's and have met a lot of good guys . It's a shame people like you have to infiltrate our place of enjoyment and then try to cheat us out of our gear. Get out,your no longer welcome. You have screwed us enough.We will be looking out for you, no matter what we, we will be watching for your next attempted caper.Why don't you play all by yourself in your own yard and leave this hobby to the real men.

Oh yea, guy's, he burned me twice in the past also.
hotrodz
Legacy Member

Post by hotrodz »

...time for me to come out of the closet...I was embarassed that I got "screwed" big time by Mr.Hibbs as well. I purchased a '34 body and grill from him, and the body is absolutely hideous...not worth any effort to salvage. DTW...KH must send his "best" work out of the country...sounds like your '34 was similar to the one I received. I never received a grill shell and never received a response to my query on "return policy"...
ezlovin
Legacy Member

Post by ezlovin »

Guess I will join the club, over 200 hrs. in a '34 body resurrection.....
The return policy is "this ain't Walmart".

Sad part is there are a few other makers of "sow's ear quailty" products waiting on the next fish to bite...................Once bitten, twice shy......
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

I hate to see all the negitive talk about Kevins work as I have bought several parts and a body that I am very happy with. I will also continue to do business with him. Sometimes he is a little slow about returning phone calls but never fails to do so. Just my opinon. Geoff