WARNING about user amaya ...

Please post details about transactions with other forum members here. Please include the username in the topic. Thanks!
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

WARNING about user amaya ...

Post by a187lbird »

Be aware of user amaya (Jose) (Jesus Sanchez) I only received part of what I purchased from him one of the parts he said is in "like new condition" but has a few problems and is not in any kind of new condition also he is not answering phone calls or emails.

Shipment got here damaged, the damage is not a 100% his fault and wasn't absolutely horrible, the box has obvious signs of being thrown around by UPS but he could have done a few things better that would have eliminated the possibilities of damage.

Once I hear from him if at all, I will update you all and let you all know if he sends me the rest of the shipment and makes things right or just takes my money and washes his hands of everything.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Re: WARNING about user amaya ...

Post by a187lbird »

UPDATE

He just contacted me and said he has the parts and will be sending them out hopefully Tuesday.

I will keep you all updated on if he holds up to making good of this deal or not.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Well here we are a week later and still no parts from amaya.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

No... he has not even responded and its killing me.
I have a beautiful unfinished car sitting in my living room waiting for the last parts.
I didn't want to go through the hassle but I contacted an attorney and he said he would help me out on getting everything filed against this guy and wont charge me because I do computer work for his firm, so in the next few days I will fill out a police report and the attorney said because the original sale price was over $1000.00 it doesn't matter that I received some of the parts the price spent was for a whole shipment not partial so that would make it a felony not a mistermeaner. I hate to do that to the guy but if he is happy to F UK me then well F UK him I guess. :(
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Well amaya just emailed me a few hours ago and put a tracking number in the email, so it seems is making good on the deal. I don't want to be negative but I am going to wait and see once the items get here before I say he has made good on the deal, he has already fouled the deal once so there is a chance he could do it again.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

OK... I received my parts from amaya finally. I have all my parts minus a few screws but nothing a trip to the hardware store wont fix. It has been a long and bumpy road from payment to parts received (Feb 15 - Mar 21) but he kept up on his part of the deal in the end.