Shipping to austrailia or any where else

Please post details about transactions with other forum members here. Please include the username in the topic. Thanks!
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Shipping to austrailia or any where else

Post by jayhurrikane »

I dont understand why so many people here have problems shipping to Australia or any where else! I have shipped to aussie land with no problems , and other parts of the world ! Its expensive yes but it gets there!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Re: Shipping to austrailia or any where else

Post by bobjeffreson »

Jay,
It's expensive for us, YES, however, due to the tyranny of distance, we accept that it is a cost we have to pay. When one lives on the other side of the world, it just becomes a matter of course. The other option is, we do not buy from the rest of the world. This fact is not just related to this hobby, it's with everything we import.
It just irks me when sellers in my chosen hobby post "Does not post to Australia". WHY?
There is never a "Does not post to Germany, Japan, United Kingdom", etc, etc, or for goodness sake Syria, Egypt or Lebanon, yet all these countries are off the mainland of the United States of America and in far more turmoil than little ol' us!.
I shall stop now, as it gets my blood boiling.
Fargophil

Post by Fargophil »

I've shipped to Australia several times with no problem If the buy is willing to pay the freight who am I to say no? Also as a bonus on one of the transactions the buyer happened to be visiting the US and I was able to meet him and transfer the car in person. Had I posted, No shipping to Australia I would naver have had the pleasure of meeting him.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

I have no issues buying and selling to/from Australia. Everything has gone smooth to date!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I think the problem was with past members. You would give them a freight quote and they would say you were trying to screw them over. Even when you showed them screen shots from the freight carriers website. Then of course there were those few times they claimed they never received and filed paypal claims that put your account on hold. The region is not the problem, it was some shady people.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Phil,
Not sure if I ever sent you this pic. What a terrific day that was way back in 2011. Doing the deal over lunch, with you and Elaine. A much better way of doing business than ebay.
When we arrived back at the motel in Belleville Kansas, Jeff and Terry insisted that I undo all your fantastic packing and show them the sprinter. Of course everyone staying at the motel for the midget race, wanted to see the car also.
That car came back to Australia as checked luggage and not via USPS as was the original plan.
Attachments
America 2011 018.JPG