1/4 scale F1 Outboard

Jay C
1/4 scale guru

1/4 scale F1 Outboard

Post by Jay C »

Hi all. Though this may interest a few, Here is my quarter scale geared lower outboard drive with an RCMK 254 rear exhaust engine. hull is 48 inches long. the white boat was mine before i sold it and the blue boat was another fellows. these are scratch built and cut by a fellow here in australia. Ive since sold the white one which I really wish I didnt.
this is just one of the boats I have in my garage. Along with 4 other tunnel boat (3 nitro K&B powered ones and another gas powered one) 3 gas hydro plane outriggers ( 2 single cylinders and 1 twin cylinder) a gas cat and 4 gas monos im a fairly busy person. Add these to the Lighting sprint car and the 55 prc chev I recently purchased from Mike Casey (which is going to a good home I might Add) Ive got plenty to do if I ever get bored. Now I just need to find A nice Raco F1 car so I can paint it be a replica of the late great F1 driver Ayrton Sennas Mclaren MP4/4.

If you want more photos let me Know Cheers Jay
Attachments
mail 1.jpg
mail 1.jpg (6.57 KiB) Viewed 9900 times
20130108_172001.jpg
20130108_172033.jpg
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Re: 1/4 scale F1 Outboard

Post by Jay C »

48 Lookers and not one response????? If no-one likes these ill just take them down. Admin its clear noone is interested in this thread so feel free to remove it.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

I really like it.I have a 92 inch cat project that i've had for years now. I have all the parts but still need a few more. no time or energy lately. thanks for posting
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

Post by oldschoolmidget »

Hello Jay,

Those are cool. I have the DPI 27 and 48 inch tunnel with the K&B engine. The 48 inch tunnel has the big 16cc engine. What type of engine cowl is that. I've been looking for one to fit the 16cc engine.

Anthony
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

looks like a really nice piece! they make some really killer stuff for boats. I got into them for a short bit, but they were so expensive, i stayed with quarter scale cars!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

Mike Casey wrote:looks like a really nice piece! they make some really killer stuff for boats. I got into them for a short bit, but they were so expensive, i stayed with quarter scale cars!
Forumers The scale drive owes me over $1000 euros. As for the cowl Its one I made myself. Id be happy to make a few more if people are interested.

And Mike You should have stuck with the boats. There a top bunch of blokes in the USA and and are more than willing to help with set up tips and more importantly PROPELLERS!!!!. I oped my propeller box not long ago. It holds about 40 propellers..................At rough $100 USD per prop. That doesn't include the props for my nitro tunnels and the new twin inline rigger. Im building a new CT-03 from MHZ with a pair of QUICKDRAW rear exhaust engine that are counter rotating and have a digital/programmable ignitions.

Would anyone like to see some of my other Boat collection???
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

I never got into boats but I enjoy seeing them, bring on your projects!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Jay,
Looks like you started a whole new thread here bud! Show 'em what you have!
This dude has some super fast boats!
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

I like 1/4 scale boats too.
50" HOOTERS Enforcer
Davette T/F mono hull - waiting paint/engine/drive.
Attachments
Enforcer Boat.JPG
IMG_1626.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

GUYS ILL START A NEW POST FOR MY BOAT PROJECTS PLEASE GO AND SEE IT