1/4 Scale QRS Monster Truck ???

Post all your 1/4 scale items for sale or trade here.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: 1/4 Scale QRS Monster Truck ???

Post by Mike Casey »

Only 20 QRS trucks were built. I have had both. I actually still have number 20. They are far superior over the new era with the exception of the plastic gear cases. Number 20 came with aluminum ones. Early models had black which where super brittle and the grey ones were pretty brittle. He gave out fixes though. it was a metal plate that went between the rear and back cover.

QRS or New era trucks in nice condition run in the 5k range.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Kaddy

Post by Kaddy »

Thanks Mike, can you tell me how I can find out what number it is? Does the frame have an ID somewhere? . Cheers for your help.
Chriszilla

Post by Chriszilla »

I may have parts for the diff., if it's the same as what came in the stadium truck. The plastic housing was shot, which I'm guessing is wrong with yours. But if I can help let me know. I modified a new era rear to work with the torque tube on mine but that was an expensive solution to my problem.
jayhurrikane
1/4 scale GOD

Post by jayhurrikane »

Very nice truck ! But in my opinion its not worth 5k, no disrespect . But its not a four wheel drive or a four wheel steer truck, plus its issues. Thats wat i see in the pics , never the less its a nice piece!!!
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Wow. 5 thousand. Lucky you. Mikes numbers are usually pretty close to what things are worth. I'm sure there's parts out there some where. In the 1/4 scale world. Nothing happens over nite. Stick with it.

Dominick
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

there are no numbers on them. They were all built the same except the last one. Early ones had black cases. They all came with 4wd and 4ws. I suspect the rear is still good but the front is the broken one?
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

jayhurrikane wrote:Very nice truck ! But in my opinion its not worth 5k, no disrespect . But its not a four wheel drive or a four wheel steer truck, plus its issues. Thats wat i see in the pics , never the less its a nice piece!!!

Well said JAY. I couldn't agree more! too many issues.

Pony up the 5K for the truck Rcburnout
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

so, what is the asking price for the truck please?
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Post by bentley marshall »

i sent you a pm kaddy
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Here's my take on these monster trucks at least from my experience of owning a New Era. You'll need a very large room to display it, preferably on the ground level with no stairs as they are a bitch to move let alone carry. Anyway, I sold mine for 5,500. owned it for about 6 months.
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Emilio wrote:Here's my take on these monster trucks at least from my experience of owning a New Era. You'll need a very large room to display it, preferably on the ground level with no stairs as they are a bitch to move let alone carry. Anyway, I sold mine for 5,500. owned it for about 6 months.

1/8 scale has something going for it !

Kaye
amaya
1/4 scale guru

Post by amaya »

Kaddy wrote:Hi there, I've got this Monster Truck I've had for the last approx 20 years. It's been in storage for the most of it (19 years), as it has a broken diff. Unfortunately in NZ no one has parts so it has sat in storage. I've found this page and thought I'd put it up and see what it's worth as I'm sure you'll know more than me. It's original, no modifications I'm aware of. It has had very little use, tyres etc like new.
I pulled it out of storage yesterday and started it up, runs good.
Any ideas on its worth or a price for a replacement diff?
I've seen some really cool examples on here and believe this would fit someone's collection nicely.
Thanks an advance for your help/ suggestions.
Do you still have truck for sale?