WCM Grand National in pristine, original condition for sale.

Post all your 1/4 scale items for sale or trade here.
NITRO NESTOR

WCM Grand National in pristine, original condition for sale.

Post by NITRO NESTOR »

I am trying to create a buzz and show this thing to as many people that I can so it will draw the most bidders possible. Tell your friends, everyone can certainly have a chance to own this Extremely fine example of a very significant early rc vehicle. It’s funny I get this thing handed to me for next to nothing, but am hyping it up like it’s the Holy grail I will post pictures of it here, and notify everyone when it comes up for sale on eBay next week. The car is a true time capsule. There’s no body, but everything else is there. The car can run and drive right now, but there is a few rear suspension adjustment issues. WCM did an amazing job engineering this thing. The tube frame is a work of art. The frame has a slight bend in the cross tube that goes the front of the frame under the bumper. The bottom of the frame has some scraping towards the rear of the car because the rear would squat to the ground under hard acceleration. The four link is not adjusted right, the panhard bar is out of adjustment, and the biggest issues with the rear is the shocks have no oil in them. The rear axle is straight, and all rear suspension components are perfect. The front suspension, is straight and true. I love the sliding steering rack, that takes, rotational motion and converts it to lineal motion, very cool even by today’s standards. Just like a real race car, everything is modifiable and adjustable. The fuel tank is like a Sullivan airplane tank, no quick fill on this tank. The rear sprocket has came loose a time or 2 and no longer fits snug on the axle. Pretty impressive for being 35 years old. Front sway bar works and is adjustable. All the shocks match. All of the radio gear is there and works perfectly, although I’m sure it's not the way it came from the factory. I’m sure the previous owner was more concerned with function of the electrics then the way it all looked. DISCLAIMER! I am in no way knocking anyone’s work or wiring or anything done to this car. All in all this thing is bitchen. Now with that being said, if anyone here was the previous owner I haven’t offended anybody. Actually whoever owned this thing before me really took amazing care of it. Most of these I come across are just beat to hell. This one is like new. I found this thing in San Jose at Sheldon’s hobbies. If anyone is restoring any 1/10 scale cars Sheldon’s has tons of new old stock for almost every car made in the last 15 years. When someone goes out of business Sheldon’s buys everything lock stock and barrel. They have hundreds of boxes everywhere full of parts. A customer brought the WCM in for some minor repairs. They never come to pick it up. It hung on a wall just out of view from the public for a long time. I tryed to buy it for years. Finally I made a deal with the owner and took it and a FG Modelsport home. So I will have a high reserve that may not get met but that leaves me the option to sell to the highest bidder or if it doesn’t bring the money I know it’s worth I don’t lose it for some stupid low price. It will sell but I’m not going to give it away. Cryo-tek it’s been a long time, this Glen from Livermore, since I last saw you and sold you those cars, i moved out to the California delta. I live on a levee I have aquired 10 quarter and fifth scale cars and I’m getting ready put most of them on eBay. Send me a private message and come check these thing out. Hope to see you soon, David.
Attachments
The engine mount plate is made of 1/8 “ rigid fiberglass plate, I guess that’s the way they did it. Does anyone know how to tell the date of production of chassis. Is it stamped with a #. The engine has a number 161383 also G2D 4a
The engine mount plate is made of 1/8 “ rigid fiberglass plate, I guess that’s the way they did it. Does anyone know how to tell the date of production of chassis. Is it stamped with a #. The engine has a number 161383 also G2D 4a
This is the extend of the damage to the car. The chassis is still flat and true
This is the extend of the damage to the car. The chassis is still flat and true
I don’t know where the guy was going with the wiring but it does work.
I don’t know where the guy was going with the wiring but it does work.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: WCM Grand National in pristine, original condition for s

Post by Mike Casey »

always love hearing stories like this and how these things are still hanging around. I certainly would not entertain an offer under $400 for it. Good luck!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!