Conley 427 Engine

ACE: American Custom Engineering designs and builds custom 1/4 scale cars
acechassisco

Conley 427 Engine

Post by acechassisco »

Wanted to pass some great news on to our friends and customers. ACE has purchased the rights and all of the engine inventory of the Conley 427 engine design. With this purchase we can now supply a rock solid 1/4 scale engine design for cars and engine collectors. This is an exciting time for ACE and our place in the 1/4 scale industry. We will be able to offer replacment parts on the shelf as well as complete engines ready to go. With this purchase ACE has decided to build a new machine shop and bring in some new equipment to produce the engine. We placed an order for a new CNC machining center and a new CNC lathe just to run engines on. With this move we can manufacture engines, cars and replacment parts all under one roof. The goal of mine is every car produced by ACE will have a V8 engine under the hood...

Thanks for reading........and also thanks to my partner Gary Conley....
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: Conley 427 Engine

Post by Emilio »

Most promising news I've heard in years!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Wow!!! Great news. Any idea when you should have your first engines for sale? Any idea on price?
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Outstanding, i cant wait. Al
tekne10

Post by tekne10 »

Thats very cool, any idea on price for a complete engine?
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

Im also interested in an engine
quartermortar

Post by quartermortar »

That is a killer deal. Its something that was a perfect fit for you.
acechassisco

Post by acechassisco »

Thanks for the interest in the new engine. I have several pieces of machinery coming in and looking forward to this venture. I will be offering the new engine for $4500.00 to $5000.00 and this will be just a baseline for it. Once we get going on the manufacturing of them the price will be set but this is a close idea. I will be marketing this engine under my brand name so it will build popularity to the industry and attract new business.
I will be updating this forum as things progress and also my website.

Thanks
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

This is great news. All these years we were told that this stuff was destroyed. Hence the reason for no replacement parts. A lot of people should be happy. Congrats!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
acechassisco

Post by acechassisco »

A lot of molds was lost. Luckily I am able to make new molds off of some existing parts that are available. The first step we are doing is putting the engine in CAD that way we have all of this on record, then what we don't have in patterns we machine out. There is a lot to do but Gary has done all the home work I am just going to tweak it a bit and focus on manufacturing and having engines complete and ready to go.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

what year do you project when one could place an order for an engine and ships out that week, or will there be a waiting list with deposit up front? Thanks
tekne10

Post by tekne10 »

Yeah, I would like to know the answers to Emilio's question too.
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

So any further developements????? As I have spoken to MR conley and got a response. He did mention he would forward on my email and wondering if you got it or not. Cheers Jay
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

One thing for sure, the components look as though they are for sale and ready to ship, and I'm digging this. Not sure how to purchase them or if they accept paypal?

http://www.acechassisco.com/products/rcsuspension.html
acechassisco

Post by acechassisco »

I wanted to thank everyone for the emails and all the support and interest we are getting over the 427 rebuild. This is a very large program and will take some time but the end result will be what everyone has been wanting. We have the complete engine in 3D and simulations of the machining process on most of the main parts so when all the machines are in place and powered up the adventure begins! I will be offering complete engines and individual component parts so rebuilds can be done on engines that are already on the market. I will be stocking complete engines and in the near future are a phone call away from being able to ship. I will be posting some great news by the end of this week and this is very big for the business and the future of the 427 engine.... Stay tuned!!!!