Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Randy
I am really looking forward to your success. Please keep us posted. Al
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Conley 427 Engine

Post by Mike Casey »

Sounding good!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

This is very exciting news!!!
specialk1

Post by specialk1 »

wow that is great !! i also will be in line to get one :) :D
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

acechassisco wrote:I wanted to thank everyone for the emails and all the support and interest we are getting over the 427 rebuild. This is a very large program and will take some time but the end result will be what everyone has been wanting. We have the complete engine in 3D and simulations of the machining process on most of the main parts so when all the machines are in place and powered up the adventure begins! I will be offering complete engines and individual component parts so rebuilds can be done on engines that are already on the market. I will be stocking complete engines and in the near future are a phone call away from being able to ship. I will be posting some great news by the end of this week and this is very big for the business and the future of the 427 engine.... Stay tuned!!!!
This quote was made on the 8 june 2015. Says Something will be posted by the end of the week. Its now over 8 weeks later and still nothing.......... I wonder If anything has happened since this post any updates would be appreciated
acechassisco

Post by acechassisco »

Guys,
Sorry for the delay in getting back with all about the engine and update. I am building a new shop and never could prepare for the time it would actually take to complete. I have received new mills and receiving a new lathe the end of this week so along with construction and machines sitting all over the shop its a cluster here!!!

I wanted to give some great news about the engine way back but could not find a bit of time but today is a perfect day to get it out. I was able to find the Die Cast molds for the exterior of the engine. If any body knows a thing about molds this is a find of a life time!!!

I still have to make the internal molds of the engine (destroyed in fire) which most are complete and some are in the process of being machined when shop is up and running.

Thanks to all that have called and emailed me about the engine and i am hoping to be in production soon.
Attachments
enginemolds.jpg
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Very nice, we are looking forward to your progress!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

any new word? Eager to see what comes from this!!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Liq75

Post by Liq75 »

This guy is a dreamer. I've contacted him on the phone, Emailed him at his request and he never returns calls or emails and never comes through with selling his products. His claims are skeptical at best.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Liq75
I think he is a busy guy getting his shop ready. I get parts and talk with him all the time, txt is the best way to contact him. Try texting and see if that helps, pls let me know if that works for you. Al
Liq75

Post by Liq75 »

Hi Al, I've been going back and forth with him for years now. It's not gonna happen. I refuse to beg someone to take my money. There's to many other manufactures I can deal with.
tekne10

Post by tekne10 »

Hey Liq75, in your last post you mentioned that there are many other manufacturers you can deal with. Do you know of anyone else that is re-producing the 427 type conley engine? I thought he was the only one.
Liq75

Post by Liq75 »

No one that I know of makes a big block. There's a guy that makes a small block and some others here. http://www.moyermade.com And this guy, http://blackwidowv-8.com Or this http://www.weberprecision.com
http://www.engine-museum.com
http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com
acechassisco

Post by acechassisco »

Hello Liq75
I have not been on the forum for a bit but I do have your information and actually just emailed you. I have been extremely busy with this engine project and car designs. You wanted to know about quick change rear ends and I told you they are not ready for market yet. There is no reason for bad mouthing anyone on this forum. There are professional people on here that want quality and innovation and those are the customers I want.
Liq75

Post by Liq75 »

As I stated to you in the email I sent to you. I don't feel any of your excuses exclude you from returning any emails or phone calls. If you feel that my comment were bad mouthing you Then I beg to differ. I stated my feeling and the fact that you didn't and don't return emails phone calls and never answer your phone. If you were a person with integrity you would do all of the above. I'm sure the professional people that your referring to on this forum can also see right through this as well.