Ebay short sales..........

Are you sad? Have an idea? Post it here!
cryo-tek
1/4 scale guru

Ebay short sales..........

Post by cryo-tek »

I don’t know how many others have found something on Ebay that they wanted and started to bid on it only to have the auction ended early. I think we all know what goes on here, often times the seller received an out of auction offer from another Ebay member who saw the item on eBay. The seller ends the auction early and sells the item to that person rather that taking there chances with the auction. It annoys me because I don’t get a chance at the item or some buyer doesn’t pay a stupid crazy high Ebay price for the item that I can laugh at. This is also against the Ebay listing policy. The seller is using ebay to advertise there item then they sell it off of ebay and cheat ebay out of the listing fees. I found out that you can report items that you suspect were sold off of ebay while they were listed. Ebay can check the sellers emails received through ebay and often find the buyer. The buyer and seller can both be banned from Ebay. It takes Ebay a number of months to process the information but they say they do close a large number of the reported cases. It’s easy to report a suspected item. You can send an email to Ebay or use the link on the listing page and fill out the provided form. Make sure that you have the item number before you start to fill out the form otherwise you will have to stop and find it.

Another interesting note. It’s against the Ebay policy to list an item with overpriced shipping. Like listing a ¼ scale car for $1.00 with $600.00 for shipping.

That’s my rant, now I feel better now.

How many saw this short sale?
Attachments
New Era.jpg
New Era.jpg (13.47 KiB) Viewed 5744 times
Juiced Drag Racing
Legacy Member

Re: Ebay short sales..........

Post by Juiced Drag Racing »

cryo-tek wrote: Another interesting note. It’s against the Ebay policy to list an item with overpriced shipping. Like listing a ¼ scale car for $1.00 with $600.00 for shipping.

That’s my rant, now I feel better now.
I still see it all the time, maybe not to the extreme that you stated, but I still see offending shipping fees.

Juiced
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

oooops :oops:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

to be honest, it seems like the only way to get a "deal" on ebay anymore.
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Let me show you what's going on with the selling of collectable (vintage) guitars on EBay...

The sellers are now listing their high-end guitars with a spectacular "buy it now" price, like waaay over the top $$$$ , and then accepting "or best offer" in the auctions:

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/Bass-/ ... 86.c0.m282

It's a way to get immediate highest bids, and you don't have to wait for a week just to see the last 15-seconds scuffle with all the different auto-bid sniper programs.

This seems to be the new way to doin' the 'Bay.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I have seen that happen too mike. Ebay has turned into a different animal. I think it all started when they blocked you being able to see who you are bidding against. I hate that, you dont know if they are a legit bidder or just someone bidding on themself. Ebay really has turned into a poor place to do business.
Venomusss
1/4 scale guru

Post by Venomusss »

I end my auctions sometimes, but only if there are no bids. I have not sold my items to an Ebay Customer outside of Ebay. I advertise my items on different sites like Craig's List and others. If the item sells on another site I end the auction on Ebay. I have it stated as such in the Ebay Listing. I just sold lots of Yamaha Boat parts on the Yamaha Forum as well as on Ebay. I had to end lots of auctions. I also have gone to the Buy it Now or Best offer for many items and have a large Buy it Now price. It does seem to work better. The problem I seem to have with auctions is the high bidder usually ends up being the guy with 0 Feedback and he does not pay. He just wanted to beat everyone in the auction more than he wanted the item. Then I still get charged the seller fee and have to go through the whole credit process and then relist the item and start over. I have never relisted an item and gotten anywhere near the amount of money as the first auction and no other bidder has ever responded to the second chance offer. The Buy it Now or Best offer lets me reject those people easily.
When Ebay started charging me a seller fee on the shipping charges that is when I started to look really hard at other ways to sell. If Ebay's fess were not so high, I would not look elsewhere to sell.