nice surprise

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

nice surprise

Post by Mike Casey »

so, i get a call a few weeks ago from a gentleman that said he had a JR for sale and he got my number from a friend. I told him i was not interested because i already had a couple and Raco made so damn many, that there are a ton around. I told him to sell it on ebay because it would only be worth $150 to me and he could probably get $300-$600 on ebay. He agreed... The other day he calls and says that he just needs to get rid of it and will take the $150. I had not even seen it, but agreed because the gearbox is worth that... So we met up for the sale. He pulls it out of his truck and it actually looks really good!!! I was really suprised! So needless to say, think i got a good deal. Looks like someone restored it and never ran it after. Everything is in top shape with the exception of the tires and even has a custom steering and a few other tricks. The good deals are out there...
Attachments
P1030584.jpg
P1030585.jpg
P1030586.jpg
P1030587.jpg
P1030588.jpg
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
M.R. Ogle

Re: nice suprise

Post by M.R. Ogle »

It's "WABBIT SEASON!!!"
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

i really dont like them that much, but its hard to pass up a good deal. It seems like there is always 1-3 of them on ebay all the time. But I am a sucker for a good deal. Especially local. This guy bought it in the 80's too. Its been sitttttttting..
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Well, maybe you can re-body it as something else, maybe the basis for a street rod or put a truck body on it.

Is all that painted yellow? YIKES!!! I can't imaging that looking good for more than a half-lap, LOL!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

yea, its ALL painted. They did do a great job painting it though. They must have preped it very well, but yea, one off road day would eat up those rear trailing arms... :) The WB on these things is too short to do anything else with...
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Must be a JacRabbit "thing" to do... I just saw a BLUE painted one on the 'Bay...
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: nice surprise

Post by Mike Casey »

no, i still dont see why you are frustrated. I have been collecting these cars for 11 years and i basically dedicated my life to them. Every once in while if you stick to something long enough good things happen to you. For every car i paid nearly nothing for, there are ten more that i over paid for.

Just because someone gets a good deal on something it does NOT entitle you to get it from them at the same deal. Sorry, it does not work that way.

Ok, you know what? Buy 3 cars from me for $7000 and i will throw in a jacrabbit for $100.