1/4 scale dragster

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Wow bob, that is one mean looking machine there. Sweet looking wheels up front there!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
ace007

Post by ace007 »

Very nice! Looks like it would haul some butt.lol
Fully modified savage
Tamiya tnx
K1e grand national
Traxxas t-maxx3.3
Losi mini-t pro with mamba
Losi mini-t stock
Cen mini madness with 540 brushless
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

bob who made the crankcase and flywheel? Are you selling that 90cc engine you have on the other post?
Dragman "1320"

Post by Dragman "1320" »

Bob, How many guy's showed up at the races yesterday? , just curious on the car count as we are getting ready to start up our own 1/4 scale Drags here in California Since I know that your Car Club has been going strong now for over 20 years. The motor and your Dragster looks nice. Not to sure as to how to upload pic's on this site but I could e-mail you if you would like pic's of my nicely desgined 5 Star rim's which are 3 piece Billets ,I think you know the person who made them. :roll:. If so e-mail me your address.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Bob, nice work on the engines. They are really killer looking! Is that the clutch housing on the back half made to look like the crankcase?
mtmoore1

Post by mtmoore1 »

Very nice!!
Mike Moore
Pro-Max Performance
Big Trev
Legacy Member

Post by Big Trev »

Hi Bob, every time I pop in to check out the forum I get drawn to the pics and any mention of your drag cars. Very trick and lots of fun by the sound of things. I also found the link with vidoes of you guys running them....very nice. Do you know what BHP you actually get out of the motors? I'm guessing 8 BHP plus?, but would love to have a better idea of what is needed to make them scary fast.
What available motors are commonly used, or are they all bespoke home builds like yours? As with most guys on here who share their interests I can also say I would love to grow my collection and become more serious with the hobby, or is that desease?...lol
My Pacesetter funny car has a 50 odd cc engine in of some description, not sure what. It sounds like a demon when I fire it up. As yet I have not driven her. Only got it a couple of months back and not too keen to go smash it to bits yet, but the time is coming as I believe in running my cars not just looking at them. This is only a guess, but I suspect I will want to put some serious more modern fire in the belly.
Thanks for sharing your pics and info.
Who ate all the pies?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Yes its a desease... a dirty filthy stinking desease. Friends dont let friends get into RC. :D
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

where are the video's you are talking about? Can you give a link?
Thanks
Big Trev
Legacy Member

Post by Big Trev »

Try this
http://www.mcd4x4.com/floyd-bennett/1-2-place/bob1.MOV
The other are all on the same site. A bit difficult to spot but use the floyd-bennett drop down menu and scratch around. Most pages in the menu have a video icon of some description.
Worth a look
Who ate all the pies?