Dynamic Sprint ?

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
clintb

Dynamic Sprint ?

Post by clintb »

I bought this on ebay = (paid way to much) a while back, think it is a Dynamic Sprint. I hadwanted a 1/4 sprint for a long time. Car came with no engine or body. Any help on the ID of the car would be a help. Building a plug for the hood and will use my wcms tail as a mold.
I need a clutch / belt drive unit for this car if anyone has one doing nothing for a reasonable price please let me know.

thanks
Clint
Attachments
IMG_0386.jpg
IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0381.jpg
chiefj48
1/4 scale guru

Re: Dynamic Sprint ?

Post by chiefj48 »

i am not sure who made it, but i like the torsion bar set-up!!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Never seen one of those, i like it though.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
clintb

Post by clintb »

Thanks Mike

I used to read RCA in the 80's and like every kid in those days had a few tamiya cars. Looking
at the white sprinter in the WCM ads I vowed that I would one day have one of my own. Twenty three years later I have this beauty and a high bar WCM sprint that Pro Street let me have. Here in South Africa 1/4 scale is virtually unheard of although I am told that a few cars made it here. Big Trev used to build WCM type sprinters here in the late 80's but I have looked and found none.(some prob ended up in a landfill :( ) this car is a work in progress and I hope to have it done in a few months. Unfortunately my job requires I spend alot of time in "Exotic" locations in Africa & Middle East so time is always limited when your significant other expects you to spend your free time with her :o. & not the garage.....
Anyhow it is great to see that so many people love & cherish these cars as they certainly are a big part of rc car history.

Clint
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

clint, 1/4 scale is a lifestyle and takes a lot of dedication and years. You have plenty of time!

thanks for sharing your story. :wink:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
clintb

Post by clintb »

This is the AD!!! :D

Clint
Attachments
SCAN_0017-1.jpg
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

"Looking at the white sprinter in the WCM ads I vowed that I would one day have one of my own."
Clint,
Mate... that was me also back in the day. That white WCM was fantastic however it was the magazine RC Model Cars with the Kinser Coors Sprinter on the cover, and a multi page story inside, that had me drooling!!!
At that stage I was racing 1/10th scale sprintcars and when this story appeared, I had never seen anything so magnificent.
clintb

Post by clintb »

Hey Bob

"Drooling" being the operative word. I now have one of these Gems in my garage thanks to Pro Street. Still considering if im going to keep it winged/unwinged, asphalt or dirt. Also not to sure what colours to do it in. I like orange frames and silver bodies. We have around thirty full size winged asphalt sprints that race on friday nights here, may choose one of them.

Clint
GTdriver

Post by GTdriver »

Sweet looking car, I never have sceen one. Love the old ads you guys post!!
chiefj48
1/4 scale guru

Post by chiefj48 »

clintb wrote:This is the AD!!! :D

Clint
i had this sprinter in my shop, and wound up trading it for two WCM grand nationals from a guy in Canada. the sprinter was built by joe bruni of R/C Car Action, for an article. WCM asked for the car back so they could do a photo shoot, but never returned the car. joe would stop by my shop from time to time, and after he told me the story, i started working on getting the sprinter back. once i was able to get the sprinter shipped to me, joe decided he was going to wreck the sprinter racing it, and asked if i could give him a Grand Nation instead. needless to say joe was racing a brand new WCM GN..... you just can not make this stuff up.....
dave c

Post by dave c »

clintb wrote:I bought this on ebay = (paid way to much) a while back, think it is a Dynamic Sprint. I hadwanted a 1/4 sprint for a long time. Car came with no engine or body. Any help on the ID of the car would be a help. Building a plug for the hood and will use my wcms tail as a mold.
I need a clutch / belt drive unit for this car if anyone has one doing nothing for a reasonable price please let me know.

thanks
Clint
Hey bud Im alos from South Africa (durban) and also doing boats
Life is great