WCM Pro Stock project

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

WCM Pro Stock project

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Here is a WCM chassis I am setting up as my pro street drag car, it has a 90cc solo and new era rear.
Attachments
2010-08-01_15-02-12_9821-600-x-338.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: WCM Pro Stock project

Post by Mike Casey »

Looking sweet! I saw it in some of your guys videos. Looks like a beast. :evil:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Thanks, but it has a ways to go before it can be competitive there.
I have to change the clutch spring and add a small shot of NOS as well as mount the body and then we shall see what I'm up against.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

do you guys use the sneaky pete system or those ones with the small sized bottles like the co2 ones? I have one of those small systems but dont know if there is really enough nos in those things for this?
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

We have used those single shot CO2 systems only on the 5th scales, not really worth it from what I seen, the shots are too small.
On the 1/4 scales, we use a regular NOS set up you buy from your local speed shop.
The sneaky Pete bottle is just a bit too big for my pro stock, but that's what the guys use on the dragsters.

Nitrous Express make a nice 4.5oz bottle which is great and that's what I will be using on this..
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

thanks for the info. I kinda thought those little guys looked too small. I was going to set it up on a 1/4 scale drag bike i have because its so small.

later.
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Ready for paint..
Attachments
DSC02499.JPG
DSC02480.JPG
DSC02484.JPG
Last edited by NYCdragRacer on September 27th, 2010, 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Funky it is a Pontiac, not really the body I was looking for, but for racing, it should be fine.
Not sure what type of paint skeem to go with, any ideas would be great.
Still need a rear wing.......
Next race is Oct. 3rd , I think you will have a great time if you came, nothing wrong with just watching and shooting the breeze with a great bunch of guys.

Sunday Mornings between 10-11am we start getting members showing up, by 2pm the place is pretty packed with spectators and racers, so you will have a good time I'm sure.

If you need the exact location, just let me know
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Wow... Floyd Bennett Field is HUGE!!!
Attachments
Bennett Field.jpg
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Ogle, it sure is, our 330 foot track and ruffly 1500 feet of shut down area is a small percentage of FBF..

On the property is also a full 10th scale on road track, which they have just redone, it sure is nice, but too small for 5th scales, we used to run them on that track, but it's just too tight for them, so it remains a 10th and 8th scale track.

FBF is the perfect place to hold national events, I would even like to try and set up a all around RC speed challenge there, just like the guys at ISC in Cali.
We can hold the same type of event with ease and at the same time, run some national drag race events.

Anyway, it may seem like a wacky dream to you, but I sure hope, from now, till next year, we can get some people interested in structuring something with us to take the hobby to another level.

Maybe FunkyMonk can shed some light on what we do, if he comes out this weekend.
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

I'm on the ISC board of directors.

The reason we have mostly held the speed runs on the real drag strips is for a couple of reasons. One, the safety factor of the concrete K-rail barriers in case a car has a runaway, and two, we are covered by the real race track's comprehensive insurance policy. Does your club have an insurance contingency?

Also, there is a large-scale class included in the ISC rule book. However, we are pretty adamant that all cars must have some sort of braking system...again, for safety. Bernard Heredia holds the ISC large-scale speed record, I believe at 97.96 mph. These are double-system (2 separate speed traps) photocell recorded numbers.

Check 'em out:
http://rc-isc.com/index.html
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

That's mild... the open record is OVER 161 mph!!!
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Yup, I know bernard, very familiar with him and his car, but of course that is the 5th scale record.
Nic case holds the 161mph with his electric car, I have not seen anyone run and post some quarter scale times.
Braking the 100mph mark with a dragster on that size track seems pretty easy if you ask me, or if you base it on the guys that run in our club.
We even have 5th scale guys running a similar car to Bernard, that are running between 75-80mph in the 330.

Our club members all carry AMA insurance and the track can have barriers set up on both sides to protect the spectators.
We have the permit that secures our track for our use each year, the only thing we do not have at this time, is an actual prepared surface, which ofcourse, if we did, the numbers and speeds would be that much better.

but if it ever got to where we were able to hold events, things can be done to abide the needed rules and regulations.
But our interest is only in the bigger cars such as 1/5th and 1/4 scale.
I'm just surprised there are'nt more clubs or people like us with the enthusiasim and love for the sport/hobby.

On a lighter note, I think 1/4 scale is gonna be very hard to get something serious off the ground due to the fact it's hard to find someone willing to sell a 1/4 scale or even parts, some guys just wont let stuff go.

Our club president has the fastest rail right now, running 4.0's over 90+mph, he is on his last rear end for the season, I have witnessed a box of 14 skellenger rears just blown apart over the past 2 years by him..
As far as i know people like Bob S or Ed or even John Foster are the ones keeping some blood pumping threw 1/4 scale, otherwise these would just be some big display models.

I will also give credit where credit is due, QSL website also seems to be the bit of glue holding everything together in this scale.
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

ahhh come'on Joe, now you got me excited and didn't finish the job..
it's almost like what my wife does to me.. "wait until you get home, i'm gonna rip your cloths off and jump on ya"..
then when I walk in the door, the kids are up, shes doing laundry and before ya know it, the ecitement is looonnggg gonneee..
So with that said, theres always tomorrow.

but get those pics up, i wanna see it!
chiefj48
1/4 scale guru

Post by chiefj48 »

NYCdragRacer wrote:ahhh come'on Joe, now you got me excited and didn't finish the job..
it's almost like what my wife does to me.. "wait until you get home, i'm gonna rip your cloths off and jump on ya"..
then when I walk in the door, the kids are up, shes doing laundry and before ya know it, the ecitement is looonnggg gonneee..
So with that said, theres always tomorrow.

but get those pics up, i wanna see it!
hey peter,
send me an email, and i will send you a few pictures...
joe
chiefj48@aol.com