my 1/4 scale car built and designed by me :)

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
Big Trev
Legacy Member

Post by Big Trev »

Wow, I absolutely love the Super Modified, or are they called something else now? Very nice. Here is a pic of the baby sized one I built. It is almost embarrassing showing it here against the genuine beast, but I just had to share my common interest and enthusiasm for these particular monsters.
On the subject of scale cars, I liked to see the use of aluminum rod ends, can you share info on sizes and sources? Are they FK?
Thanks
Trevor
Who ate all the pies?
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

big maestro, is that a skellenger rear?
thanks
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

Supers

Post by Belfiore28 »

looks nice Trev ....yes there called Supermodifieds we do atraveling tour called ISMA heres a link if ya want more info on them
http://www.ismasupers.com/ click on roster car #8 for more pics of our car.
my younger brother drives the car !
on the aluminum rod ends i got those on a package deal , so i dont know who made them .
they are 10-32 size
Last edited by Belfiore28 on September 11th, 2006, 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

hoop car

Post by Belfiore28 »

hi lance i just bought that hoop car, it was clean and well put together so i picked it up... im acutally thing about selling it.
the green powder coat does look Mean reminds me of the GraveDigger every time i look at it !
i just looked at your Cat 5 car ....thing is sweet nice job man!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Thanks Belfiore28, I just scratched it up pretty good this weekend. I tagged the wall hard. I have a demon in the car somewhere. I have never had glitch problems but this car has them bad. I'm taking out all the electrics and starting over again.
Lovedr, Yes it is a skellenger. That is actually a Lance Love car. The cage was messed up but I have it back together now all but the roof loop. I will be finishing that soon. I am debating on the foam front and rear bumpers right now, before I send it to get powder coated.
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

demons

Post by Belfiore28 »

what type of radio are ya using pcm ? i been using pcm with no probs so far. i have 27 ban pcm in the red car now,and 75 ban pcm in the green car, i havent ran the green car yet.
i also have spectrum system but i use that in my 10 scale carpet cars, i plan on using the spectrum in my 1/4 scales soon.
im not sure if ya noticed where my reciver is mounted on both my cars up high above most of the metal chassis.. both cars have a plastic reciever box, also im not sure if your using those aluminum wheels when you race, wonder if they could cause a glitch
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

I am using a 3pk with spectrum. I havent had any problems with my WCM I think its either the throttle servo or my spark plug. I changed the plug and it seemed alittle better. The cap I believe was loose on the plug.
No I use those rims for show only. I dont think they would glitch though the old cars came with aluminum until they came out with the plastic ones.
Lance
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Belfiore28, I noticed you had a stack of older aluminum rims in the pics of your 24 car. Do you by any chance have a 1.5 inch back side. I have a super modified car and I want to send some rims to BRP to put tire on. But I cant get the sizes I want with what I have. BTW on your real super what kinda tires sizes do you run width wise. RR, RF, LR, LF. I wanted to put a 4 inch wide RR a 3 1/2 RF a 3 1/2 LR and a 3 inch LF. but all the rim halves I have are either 2 in. or 1 in. I can trade you some of mine or buy them If you have any. Thanks.
poppy

Your cars

Post by poppy »

Wow! nice job like your cars, those are 1/4 scales. Keep up the good work and continue to let us know the progress you are making.
Poppy
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

thx! Poppy

Post by Belfiore28 »

thx for the kind words ive taken alittle break from my 1/4 scale stuff.
i plan on working on the stuff soon
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

Post by Belfiore28 »

big maestro wrote:Belfiore28, I noticed you had a stack of older aluminum rims in the pics of your 24 car. Do you by any chance have a 1.5 inch back side. I have a super modified car and I want to send some rims to BRP to put tire on. But I cant get the sizes I want with what I have. BTW on your real super what kinda tires sizes do you run width wise. RR, RF, LR, LF. I wanted to put a 4 inch wide RR a 3 1/2 RF a 3 1/2 LR and a 3 inch LF. but all the rim halves I have are either 2 in. or 1 in. I can trade you some of mine or buy them If you have any. Thanks.
i have 4 wheels 6 hole design they are 1" and 2" halfs .
i will sell them to you if you need them ...let me know