my 1/4 scale car built and designed by me :)

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

my 1/4 scale car built and designed by me :)

Post by Belfiore28 »

1st atempt
Last edited by Belfiore28 on September 7th, 2006, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

Post by Belfiore28 »

more pics
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

Post by Belfiore28 »

few more i have changed the rear suspesion to a solid rear axel heres a few pics of that also
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

great pics, great work! Looks like a nice ride. Where do you race?
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

Post by Belfiore28 »

im in mass, 40 miles north of boston ...theres a track up here in new hampshire called "racepark106" in pembroke .
it seems the 1/4 scale has died in this area .. i just got in to this and love to build stuff i am getting ready to build a few more cars!
i am about 2 months from relocating to LasVegas so i will be racing at boulder race track in vegas soon
by the way great site im so glad i found this today :lol:
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

cool, welcome!
I grew up in east longmeadow over there. My dad still lives in Hampden. Great work on the car!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

now thats what I'm talking about. That is a great looking car. How does the third link work? Do you have the axle in a tube? Nice work, dont forget pics of your other cars. :D Oh yea, how about a shot of the front suspension, looks interesting.
I hope to be building my dirt latemodel soon, I'm waiting on pics of the "Rocket car" that Randy sweet drove in the 80's. I am going to build a replica of it and a new style dirt latemodel.
Great job,
Lance
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

Post by Belfiore28 »

Hi lance im glad you like the car, i enjoyed building it ..its basicaly a scaled down "Howe car" as it uses howe xl1 strut style frt suspension and his rear also.
i used to race super latemodels and build them aswell. the rear axle is in a tube/housing ... ive only ran the car 1 time since the new rear axle deal and havent gave it a fair shake yet .
i had the rear independant working great then changed it to the strait design :)
Last edited by Belfiore28 on September 7th, 2006, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

edited

Post by Belfiore28 »

removed pic was to large.
i can send you the high res front suspension pic if ya want, i had to remove it from here it was making the page to wide
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Yea, that would be awesome, I am interested to see how you did the front end. I like the solid axle with the tube. Seems like you can adjust rear steer and forward bite the way you have it set-up. I race full size dirt cars, I have to build a 1/4 scale one. I am putting in a quick change with torqe arm/ fifth coil and all. The only thing I need now is some one to machine me a 1/4 scale set of wide fives and I would be set. :D
How did you weld your frame together? did you tig it or braze it, just curious.
Here is a car that I have almost back together. I had to cut the cage apart and add the sides and roof back like it supposed to be. It had tube bumpers on it but I think I am going to cut the front and rear off and use channel and foam like the new cars. I want to drive my cars and it seems like a good Idea because the old way is not very forgiving. I'll post some updated pics of the car soon.
Keep up the good work we need more people doing stuff like this.
Lance
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

Post by Belfiore28 »

wow i really like it Lance. :P im on my way out to race today i race real cars , its our biggest race of the year today 200 lapper.
i will email you some pics tonight when i get home might be 1 am (est).
and i will take some more pics in the am for you
the chassis is all tig welded!
p.s. here s a pic of my real car we are racing tonight .
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Holy S#iTTTTTTTTTTTT! :shock: :shock: Those cars are the absolute baddest things on four slicks. I have another quick change set aside to build one of those. I wish I could afford a conley so I could hang it of the side like the real cars. I guess I will have to settle with the zanoah. I dont know anything about this type of cars because they dont run ANYWHERE around where I live. I have a pic of a car that was built back in the late 80's early 90's I guess (dont really know) but its a bad ass car.
I hope you did well in the race. I finished a very disappointing 8th tonight in 1/4 scales.
Lance
I can't get the pic to come up right now I will try it later.
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

pics

Post by Belfiore28 »

heres some pics i just took shows the frt end geometry pretty good.
i made all the lower frt control arms, the uppers are WCM the sway bar is aswell and WCM rack was used in a lay down position so bump steer could be obtained .
Belfiore28
Legacy Member

few more

Post by Belfiore28 »

my other car (White car with #24) is a WCM 2002 hoop car.
the black car is the car i built , i switched to the earlier monte bodys they seem to be a much better body in my mind lol.i found a few of the older style bodies on Ebay new unpainted :)
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Thats some good work! I have one of the hoop cars myself. I've been trying to find one of the four strokes that came in those cars. I'm not having any luck. I have a old outlaw camaro that would look awesome on the red car, I am going to make molds off of it some time or another so I can make fiberglass bodies. They will be more for show then anything else I dont think they will take alot of torcher. Also I like your chioce of color on the frame on the hoop car, My favorite color. :D I have a post on here with my 06 cat 5 car, I had to wait on it so I could get the frame powdered that color.