WCM and RACO cars

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
poppy

WCM and RACO cars

Post by poppy »

Thought you might want to see my old WCM "Super Modified" and RACO Jack Rabbit converted to "Modified". Both cars run very good except for traction;they both need tires. Since I am retired and on a fixed income I have to make due. Quartr scalers know of the expense of replacement.I have made caps out of sheet rubber,but, the compound is a little hard and grip is a problem.Both cars were purchased in 1987(new) and I feel they run as good as the latest crs.
The WCM has a Skellinger rear and Tuned exhaust(similar to a dirt bike design) and the RACO has aluminum rear suspension arms, aluminum front shock tower supports braces,K&N air filter and a RACO tuned muffler. All four corners are lowered using RACO short shocks as used on the modified cars.
Both cars were raced when I belonged to the Long Island Quarter Scale Racers back in N.Y.,1987-1989. Strictly parking lots now. [/u][/b]
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Hey, poppy could you give me a contact # or something. I live about 45 min. from you in Sumter. I would love to see your WCM car. Also check your PM when you can. I gave you my cell #.
Thanks, Lance
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I love the WCM car, thanks for sharing!!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Mike, This car is WILD!!!! I went to see it in person and I have to say I never seen anything like it from WCM. Really neat car. It was alot of fun talking with Poppy to great guy, and he was there when it all started so he has seen the cool cars of yester year.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Hey Poppy,
Of all the speedway cars that I have wanted to watch race, an Oswego Modified is way, way up there!
And I'm in Sydney, Australia. One day, one day..... :roll:
That car is it man!
Well done.
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

These pics don't do this car justice. I will have some more up tomorrow :D
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

here it is. I have never seen another car like this from WCM. Poppy said he has tried to contact WCM about the car but so far has had no luck. Anyway very interesting car. THANKS POPPY :D